Posted by Lindsey on Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 6:05pm.
can you please tell me if this passage is correct? I am looking for 20 grammatical errors... what am I missing?
Why are great numbers of students (studentís) choosing to pursue their college degrees using their home computers. (?) Benjamin Franklin said; ďA penny saved is a penny earnedĒ. This principle applies to the american (American) and foreign (Foreign) online student. Todays (Todayís) students choose to take online courses to save money on transportation, books, babysitters and supplies.
The fluctuating cost of gasoline in the united states (United States) (,) is one reason online courses appeal to axia (Axia) college students. They would rather cushion there financial nest eggs than to spend money on replacing worn tires or risking icy road conditions.
Students (Studentís) also realize that a traditional college requires them to purchase numerous books (,) however, (;) online courses provide the majority of their course materials within the virtual classroom. A student may save hundreds of dollars on textbooks during one block of courses.
Additionally(,) online courses are convenient for parents and caregivers. College students who are responsible for children or aging parents must rely on outside help. An online student is able to avoid the high costs of hiring people to take care of their loved ones.
Lastly, an online student does not have to purchase supplies. Pencils, pens, paper, erasers, backpacks (,) staplers, and paper clips are all needed in traditional courses. The online student needs only one tool to complete their college degree; a home computer. A computer is an online students (studentís) conduit to class and to all the materials he or she needs.
Franklin D. roosevelt (Roosevelt) exclaimed that (;) ďHappiness is not the mere possession of money.Ē He wanted Americans (Americanís) to understand that the joy of achievement is the path to happiness. Yet, even President Roosevelt would agree that earning an online college degree is a financially wise decision.
- Grammar/Punctuations - Writeacher, Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 6:29pm
cushion there financial nest
books (,) however, (;) online
to complete their college degree; [2 errors in there]
united states (United States)
Study up on use of apostrophes (including when NOT to use them), use of semicolons, uses of commas, antecedent/pronoun agreement, placement of quotation marks
- Grammar/Punctuations - sharon, Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 7:11pm
everyone on the guest list are attending the dinner. true or false
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- grammar - why are great numbers of students choosing to pursue their college ...
- COLLEGE - an you please tell me if this passage is correct? I am looking for 20 ...
- communication - Identify Twenty Errors in the Passage Below Review the passage ...
- english - Review the passage below, which contains 20 errors. Identify these ...
- COM/155 - Can you take a look and tell me what you thing? Thanks Review the ...
- com 155 - Review the passage below, which contains 20 errors. Identify these ...
- com/155 - The 20 errors are in the following categories: comma usage (six ...
- COM/155 - I believe I have found all the mistakes. What do you think? Identify ...
- grammar - Can someone please check the errors I have noted and let me know if ...
- com170 - I would like to know if there are any errors . like comma uuseage ...