Posted by Lorri on Friday, July 9, 2010 at 12:40am.
elimination method really confuses me.
solve by elimination method
5r -3s = 17
3r + 5s =17
A. solution is ______ (ordered pair, integer or fraction)
B. Infinitely many
C. No Solution
math elimination method - Reiny, Friday, July 9, 2010 at 8:58am
try to get either the x or the y coefficients to be alike
in this case I will get the y's to have a 15 in front
so multiply the first by 5 and the second by 3 to get
25r - 15s = 85
9r + 15s = 51
34r = 136
r = 136/34 = 4
back in second, (or first)
3(4) + 5s = 17
12 + 5s = 17
5s = 5
s = 1
math elimination method - Christy, Friday, July 9, 2010 at 12:54pm
thank you so much, i was not even close
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Solve by the elimination method. 4x +5y=1 8x +10y=2 What is the solution ...
- Algebra - Solving system of linear equations by using the apropiate method name ...
- algebra - solve by elimination method what is the solution of the system? 0.3x-0...
- Math - solve by the elimination method. what is the solution of the system? type...
- algebra - solve by the elimination method 3r - 7s =-29 7r + 3s = 29 What is the ...
- Math115 - Solve by the elimination method. 5x-15y=2 and 5x-15y =3 Is there a ...
- Algebra - Solve the following system of equations by the elimination method. 1/...
- Algebra/Elimination method - Solve using the elimination method. If the system ...
- algebra - solve by the elimination method x+4y=17 -x+6y=3 What is the solution ...
- math - can someone please help me with this elimination methods problem? 0.05x+0...