Posted by Ace. on Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:48pm.
Which of the following choices is a run-on sentence?
A. Take public transportation, it saves gas
B. Join the army and see the world
C. Why did the student body council vote to change the lunch time?
D. It's a story night; it's a perfect time to watch television
E. None of the above.
I think all of them are not run-onn sentences, so is it E?
Thank You in advance.
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:52pm
A. is a run-on sentence. It connects two independent clauses with a comma. It should be replaced by either a semicolon or a period.
- Grammar - Zack, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:54pm
Oh, I see. Thanks!
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:55pm
Please don't change screen names -- at least for the same subject.
- Grammar - Zack, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:59pm
Oh, sorry about that.
- Grammar - Zack, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 10:06pm
Wait a second. But is "Take public transportation" an independent clause?
i don't think it is.
- Grammar - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 10:16pm
Yes. "Take public transportation" is an independent clause. Because it's an imperative sentence, the subject (You) is understood.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Punctuating Sentences With five gallons of gas. This is not a complete...
- english - 20. Which of the following is a run-on sentence? A. We like to take a ...
- english - which of the following is a run-on sentence? the house was owned by ...
- student council - what is a good speech of secretary and vice presidents: this ...
- student council - What would be a good point to run for president of the student...
- Grammar - Wide undermining was done at the subgaleal level on all sides of the ...
- statistics - In an election for student council president at Russell Sage ...
- Simple College Question - 1.)Do you have to attend college in order to join the ...
- council - what is a good speech of secretary and vice presidents: this is what ...
- Social Studies - How does voting, writing mails/emails, going on a talk show, ...