Posted by Derrick on Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 8:45pm.
When it says, " Draw a Lewis diagram for each of the following. "
a)One atom of each of the elements in the second period.
Is it asking me to draw a Lewis diagram for Lithium and Beryllium?
- Chemistry/Part I don't get - Derrick, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 8:46pm
The part I don't get is the atom part.
That wording is just so complicated.
"One atom of each of the elements in the second period"
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:41pm
Lewis structure USUALLY are drawn for compounds but they can be drawn for atoms (elements) also. The rules are slightly different. The symbol stands for the nucleus and all of the electrons except the outside ones. Then dots are added to equal the number of outside electrons. For example, the elements in the second period would look like this (for the first few). You can do the others.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:42pm
Ignore the   in the post.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 9:44pm
I'll try the B again.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Draw a bohr diagram of the protons and electrons in each of the ...
- Chemistry - Draw the lewis dot structure showing what happens during the ...
- Chemistry - Draw a Lewis dot diagram for NF2H and use the oxidation state method...
- chemistry - Using electron bookkeeping draw a Lewis dot diagram for NF2H and ...
- Chemistry - Draw the Lewis dot diagram of CO2, how many types of electrons are ...
- chemistry - Bonding - #1) Draw the following ions using a Bohr diagram: b)oxygen...
- Science - Hello van some one show me how to draw a dot and cross diagramm for 1 ...
- Chemistry - how do you draw a Lewis structure for lithium chlorine
- science - atoms and bonds - #1) Draw the following ions using a Bohr diagram: b)...
- Chemistry: Electron Configuration - The following questions relate to the ...