Posted by Amy~ on Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 7:36pm.
Which one was the major turning point of 1968?
I found: 1) assassination of Martin Luther Kinf Jr.
2) assassination of Robert F. Kennedy
Which one was the major turning point of 1973?
1)the Paris Peace Agreement
2)the War-Powers Resolution
I think it might be the second one...
- US History II - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 7:42pm
Both assassinations were devastating -- but I think King's assassination resonated more and still has impact today. Many blacks were afraid to elect Barack Obama as president for fear he'd be assassinated as King was.
I agree with you about the War Powers Resolution.
- US History II - Amy~, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 7:43pm
thank you again
- US History II - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 7:47pm
- US History II - Amy~, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 7:48pm
also, for the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. did this event end the Civil Rights Movement?
This is what was written on a website
- US History II - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 7:58pm
No. King's assassination didn't end the Civil Rights Movement. If anything, it increased the resolve to get fair treatment for everyone.
Check this time line of the Civil Rights Movement.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- US History II - What would be one major turning point in US history for 1989? ...
- US History II - Would anyone know the major event for the turning point in 1945 ...
- History - Does anyone know what happened or have any good information about what...
- history - please help me with this question 1. The Warren Commission declared ...
- HISTORY - what 3 major beliefs were at the hear of Martin Luther's teachings?
- SOCIAL STUDIES ***** - Who were the major leaders of the protestant Reformation...
- social study - What are some major turning point in vietnamese history leading ...
- US History - Can someone tell me why 1968 could be considered a tumultuous year...
- History - I'm designing my energy transformation for my rube goldberg project, ...
- History - This is my introductory paragraph. The Industrial Revolution was a ...