Posted by Tamir on Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 9:35pm.
Hello, could someone check my answers to the following
1.For the function f(x) = x^2 - 2x + 1,
(a) find f(0)
(0) = 0² - 2(0) + 1
= 0 - 0 + 1
f(0) = 1
(b) solve f(x) = 0
0 = x² - 2x + 1
(x - 1)(x - 1) = 0
(x - 1)² = 0
x = 1
2. (Solve and check) The amount of money that a salesperson makes varies directly as the total amount of sales made. If the salesperson receives $7,500 for selling a house for $120,000, how much will he or she make if he or she sells a house for $150,000?
x = commission on $150,000
120,000/ 150,000 = 7500/x
120,000x = 150,000 * 7500
120,000x = 1125000000
x = 1125000000/120,000
x = $9,375 (how do I do the check?)
3. If y varies inversely as x^2, and y = 2 when x = 4, what is the constant of variation?
y = k/x^2
2 = k/4^2
2 = k/16
k = 32
I not very sure with this, especially #3.
Thanks in advance.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Hello, can someone help me solve and check the following 1) x - 8 = 20...
- Algebra - Hello, can someone check my answers to the following Algebra questions...
- Algebra - Hello, can someone tell me if I got the following solve and check work...
- Algebra - 1. Find the slope of the graph of the linear function f with f(0)=4 ...
- Algebra 1 - Hello. Can someone check my answers to the following Factor each of ...
- 7th grade math (probability) - Can you check these, please? Ten cards numbered 1...
- 6th grade math - Can you check these problems, please? Translate each phrase ...
- math -ans check - two points on the graph of a linear function are (-3,5) and...
- math - Wondering the answers to these: Find the value of each of the following. ...
- Algebra Can someone who is serious respond - Can someone check my answer please...