Posted by Nikki on Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 11:27am.
•Post a 5- to 7-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation summarizing the different perspectives on sexual orientation and identity.
Here's my problem. I have read the entire chapter regarding this assignment and didn't come across any perspectives on the topic. I asked my instructor what perspectives we were supposed to summarize and the answer I got was to replace the word perspectives with the word theories. Which doesn't help any I still don't know what I am supposed to be summarizing! Can someone please help me out? I am so confused on this! Has anyone else taken PSY 240 at UOP and had this problem with this assignment?
PSY 240 - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, July 7, 2010 at 11:36am
You should probably look for theories about the causes of various sexual orientations. Is it biological, psychological?
This article may help you find what you need in your text.
PSY 240 - Nikki, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 11:37am
Thank you Ms. Sue. While I'm still very confused about this assignment you are at least being more helpful than the instructor.
PSY 240 - PsyDAG, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 11:44am
Gender identity is the gender you believe you are, usually the one you are labeled as at birth.
Sexual orientation is whether you are attracted to members of the same sex, opposite sex or both.
It can become confusing. Let's say you are a male, but believe you are a female trapped in a male body (gender identity). Viewing yourself as female, you are attracted sexually to males (orientation). Although to others, it may appear you are homosexual, according to your gender identity, your attraction is heterosexual.
I don't know if this helps or make it more confusing.
PSY 240 - Nikki, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 12:10pm
I understand what sexual identity and sexual orientation are. That wasn't my question. The issue I am having is that my instructor is expecting a power point that summarizes the different perspectives on these topics. The problem I am having is that because it is an online course with no lecture there has been no discussion about any perspectives or theories and there's nothing in the text about theories and the instructor won't answer my questions.
PSY 240 - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 8, 2010 at 4:57pm
PsyDag added some useful information. There must be something in your text about sexual identity and orientation. Does the author give different ideas about the causes or results of sexual identity and orientation?
If you still don't find that information, you can use PsyDag's information plus anything else you van glean from the Internet -- and do your PowerPoint on these ideas.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - 2. Assignment: Psychological Disorders’ Presentation For this ...
- Psychology 210 - For this assignment, you will create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® ...
- Microsoft PowerPoint - Please can anyone help me with my problem. Does anyone ...
- english - Assignment: Ethics and Law Presentation • Due Date: Day 7 [post to the...
- Accounting - Imagine you have been selected by your manager to present a ...
- Human Services Management - Assignment: Mission Statement Internet Search Search...
- Business - 2. Assignment: Evolution of Business Presentation • Resources: Ch. 2 ...
- psy - How do you think historical and scientific perspectives on homosexuality ...
- Aed 204 - Assignment: Creating an At-Risk Program Resources: Ch. 8 of ...
- PSY/405 - Hello, I need help finding information for my PowerPoint Presentation...