Posted by Michelle on Tuesday, July 6, 2010 at 7:38pm.
The line y=0.15x+0.79
represents an estimate of the average cost of gasoline each year.
The line 0.11x-y=-0.85
estimates the price of gasoline in January of each year (“Consumer price index,” 2006).
a. Do you expect the lines to be intersecting, parallel, or perpendicular? Explain your reasoning.
b. Use the equations of the lines to determine if they are parallel. What did you find?
c. Did your answer to Part b. confirm your expectation in Part a?
math-algebra please help - Reiny, Tuesday, July 6, 2010 at 8:21pm
the first equation has a slope of .15
the 2nd equation has a slope of .11
math-algebra please help - Henry, Tuesday, July 6, 2010 at 8:22pm
a.The lines are expected to be intersecting ; if not , there would
be no solution to the set of equations.
b. Slope1= 0.15, Slope2=-A/B=-0.11/-1
=0.11. The lines are intersecting,
because the slopes are not equal.
math-algebra please help - Carol, Friday, July 9, 2010 at 2:50am
Submit your question at tutoteddy and get the answer. They charge only 99 cents for every three math problem.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math 116 appendix e - 4. The line y=0.15x +0.79 represents an estimate of the ...
- algebra - 2. Examine the rise in gasoline prices from 1997 to 2006. The price of...
- math116 appendix e - 4. The line represents an estimate of the average cost of ...
- Math 116 - could someone please help me with this question. I have no clue where...
- Math - Are these correct with the lines y=0.15x+0.79 0.11x-y=-0.85 The line ...
- Algebra I - 1. Imagine you are at a gas station filling your tank with gas. The ...
- Last equations question - The line y=0.15x+0.79 represents an estimate of the ...
- algebra - the line y=0.16x +0.84 represents an estimate of the average cost of ...
- math - the line y= o.15x+ 0.79 represents an estimate of the avgerage cost of ...
- math 116 Help Please - 1. Suppose you are at the gas station filling your tank ...