Posted by Dereck on Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 4:10pm.
1. Someone who started sobbing while another was telling a joke would be an example of comic relief.
I think it is true because the one who is telling a joke is like a humorous scene which helps relieve the mood of a heavy scene (someone's sobbing, that means something terrible has happened)
2. "Oh, if only Cupid would make a strike." is an example of allusion.
I think it's True as the word "Cupid" refers to a character in Greek mythology.
Thanks for checking.
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 4:28pm
I agree with your second answer, but not your first.
English - Dereck, Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 4:39pm
I don't quite understand still even after I read the definition from the website you gave me.
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 4:43pm
Comic relief is a funny anecdote or scene in an otherwise somber situation. We sometimes see comic relief at funerals and memorial services. A eulogist may tell a humorous story about the deceased. People chuckle, remembering something good about the person.
English - Dereck, Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 5:08pm
But in #1, why isn't it a comic relief? Thanks.
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 5:29pm
The person is sobbing, not laughing.
English - Dereck, Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 5:31pm
but the other is telling a joke
Still don't get it, sorry
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 5:36pm
Sobbing is not the normal response for comedy relief.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science/Joke - What is one way you can answer "Why do onions make you cry?" with...
- Math - The population of humorville is 8500 people. In this town Jokes travel ...
- math - the population of humorville is 8,500 people. in this town, jokes travel ...
- algebra - The population of humorville is 8500 people. In this town jokes travel...
- English - Explain Bernad Cohen's distinction between the media's telling us what...
- English - whats the word that means your not lying but not telling the truth. ...
- English - What quote from Romeo and Juliet Act 3, Scene 5 illustrates ...
- English - What is the most likely reason that Shakespeare would include a scene ...
- Math - The population of humorville is 8,500 people. In this town, jokes travel ...
- english - what is wrong with these two parts 1) his tone is triumphing 2) by ...