Posted by Vince on Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 1:29pm.
At Harry's Discount Hardware everything is sold for 20% less than the price marked. If Harry buys tool kits for $80, what price should he mark them if he wants to make a 20% profit on his cost?
Math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, July 4, 2010 at 1:51pm
0.8x = 80
x = 80/0.8
x = 100 >> selling price
0.8x = 100
x = 100/0.8
x = 125 >> marked price
Math - Pintu, Sunday, June 5, 2011 at 11:24pm
Ok, another solution for this problem:
20% of $80=16
so, the selling price=80+16=$96
Let, by the mark price of 20% profit=x
so, x-(20% of x)=96
or, x= (96*5)/4
or, x=$120 (Ans)
Math - SKP, Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 8:33am
the selling price is 80% of the marked price (m.p.)
moving on to the latter part of the question which states that 20% on $80 tools is Harry's profit. Making a profit of $16.So the selling price results to $96. Therefore,80% of m.p.=96.00 Solving this equation gives you m.p.=$120, which is your final answer
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A student buys a pair of jean trousers at a 19% discount on the ...
- Math - at a boutique, an evening gown is marked at a profit of 40% on the cost ...
- maths-discount help asap - a shop kepper mark a television set for a sale of $36...
- maths - due to competition,a trader allows a discount of 15% on the marked price...
- math - The cost price of a Jean is Rs. 200 and marked price is 50% more than the...
- grammar public school rawlakot - The cost price of a Jean is Rs. 200 and marked ...
- Math - A computer company gives a discount of 10% off of the marked price on a ...
- Math - Bosley's Pet Foods buys dog kibbl for $19.50 per bag, less 40%. The store...
- math - At a boutique,an evening gown is marked at a profit of 40% on the cost ...
- Math - A man buys a book for P200 and wishes to sell it. What price should he ...