Posted by Sarah on Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 2:56pm.
1. Which one of the following chemicals does the body
generate during regular exercise?
A. Adrenaline C. Endorphins
B. Sodium chloride D. Estrogen
2. Which one of the following choices would indicate that a
person has entered the exhaustion stage of stress?
A. A cold that doesn’t seem to go away
B. Crying at a sad movie
C. Visiting with friends
D. Exercising more than usual
3. How does visualization promote relaxation and stress reduction?
A. It encourages your friends and family to stay away.
B. It enables you to make the world “go away” for awhile.
C. It produces helpful chemicals in your muscles.
D. It reminds you of other tasks you need to complete.
4. The first step in handling stress is
A. removing all stressors from your environment.
B. becoming aware of your own reaction to it.
C. trying to relax through meditation techniques.
D. catching up on missed sleep.
5. What is the purpose of breathing exercises?
A. To release endorphins
B. To release adrenaline
C. To settle the body and mind
D. To decrease your sense of awareness
6. Which one of the following choices is a mental symptom of distress?
A. Sleep disorders C. Memory loss
B. Hallucinations D. High self-esteem
7. What does the acronym HALT stand for?
A. Hungry, angry, lonely, tired
B. High-strung, anxious, labored, tense
C. Healthy, active, lean, toned
D. Help, avoid, learn, talk
8. Eustress is a form of
A. estrogen. C. positive stress.
B. negative stress. D. endorphin.
9. How often should you use deep, relaxing breathing techniques?
A. Every day
B. Only during periods of stress
C. No more than twice a day
D. Only when you’ve gotten enough sleep
10. Which one of the following symptoms indicates that a person is in the alarm stage
A. High level of concentration C. Blurred vision
B. Hyperventilation D. Racing heartbeat
11. What is the purpose of the mantra during meditation?
A. It lets everyone know you’re meditating.
B. It allows you to concentrate on one peaceful sound.
C. It helps to relax the muscles.
D. It helps to release endorphins.
12. Which one of the following choices best represents a potential stressor?
A. A surprise gift C. A long-awaited salary raise
B. An unexpected visit D. A decrease in gas prices
13. How can doing something for someone else help to relieve stress?
A. It helps you to sleep better.
B. It helps you become numb to social issues.
C. It can get you time off from work or school.
D. It gets your mind off your own troubles.
14. How can you reduce the stress of completing a project?
A. Put off the project until the last minute.
B. Work on the project well into the night.
C. Take a break from the project when you need it.
D. Devote at least eight hours a day to the project.
15. Which of the following physiological symptoms are signs of stress?
A. Arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome
B. Hearing and vision loss
C. Dental cavities and bone loss
D. Headaches and elevated blood pressure
16. When should you suggest a client use progressive muscle relaxation?
A. Before the client begins an intense exercise routine
B. When the client is stressed while driving
C. After the client eats a large meal
D. When the client is having trouble relaxing
17. How does regular exercise improve cardiovascular function during times of stress?
A. It increases oxygen supplies and lowers triglyceride levels.
B. It reduces the amount of endorphins released in the body.
C. It reduces carbon dioxide supplies and raises triglyceride levels.
D. It increases the level of hormones circulating in the body.
18. Distress is a form of
A. disease. C. positive stress.
B. negative stress. D. expected stress.
19. Which one of the following choices might be an appropriate image for visualization?
A. The pet you had as a child
B. A picture of a favorite relative from the past
C. A car driven very fast
D. A beach at low tide
20. What nutritional supplement is recommended for helping the body handle stress?
C. Vitamin C
D. No supplements are recommended for stress management.
- Stress Management Techniques - Writeacher, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 3:07pm
What do YOU THINK the answers are?
- Stress Management Techniques - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 3:09pm
You must be feeling stressed. You didn't include YOUR answers! What a shame, since you're paying for this class and cheating yourself.
If you post your answers, we'll check them for you.
- Stress Management Techniques - Jen, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 3:45pm
I'll start you off. 8 is C. Please post your answers now.
- Stress Management Techniques - Sarah, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 6:54pm
Sorry my answers are
- Stress Management Techniques - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 7:11pm
I agree with all of your answers -- except possibly 13. Please check your text materials for this one. I'm not sure.
- Stress Management Techniques - Sarah, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 7:17pm
my other answer for 13 was D.
- Stress Management Techniques - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 7:22pm
I think D is a better answer for 13.
- Stress Management Techniques - Sarah, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 7:23pm
When I changed my answer to number 13.I went ahead and took my test and got a 85%.I got number 16 17 and 20 wrong but I still did good.Thanks for all the help.
- Stress Management Techniques - Ms. Sue, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 7:38pm
You're welcome. Congratulations!
- Stress Management Techniques - Anonymous, Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 9:43pm
I already did this homework the answers are...
- Stress Management Techniques - Hannah Marie Roswell-J., Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 12:06pm
i love your site,i am happy we are PF are working together to compare answer to our test,so we all shall pass and get on to a college,university or Online great college
thank you,as i will be asking question to compare,receive correct answers soon thank you.bye now.from hannah
- Stress Management Techniques - nicole, Monday, April 25, 2011 at 12:09pm
i did this coarse already thank
- Stress Management Techniques - Lee Anne, Saturday, August 6, 2011 at 1:47am
I'm taking this course as well. Penn Foster is a really great program!
- Stress Management Techniques - lila, Monday, September 12, 2011 at 3:20pm
thanks for the answers:)
- Stress Management Techniques - Angela , Friday, February 10, 2012 at 12:01am
I am taking the same course and I just made a 30 using these answers thanks
- Stress Management Techniques - Angela , Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 11:50pm
U ALL ARE ALL WRONG. AND HATE LIERS . DON'T POST AND MAKE IT SEEM LIKE ITS ALL THE TRUTH CAUSE NO OF THEM WAS RIGHT
- Stress Management Techniques - Tricia, Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 12:31pm
Thnx guys i got a 100 on my exams n i just changed the top numbers 16,17,20 to the ones below and it was correct...so trust me its not a lie...
Date Graded 02/28/12
- Stress Management Techniques - Ghhh, Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 2:44pm
Got 95 ur smart
- Stress Management Techniques - USSR, Friday, March 30, 2012 at 3:20pm
Yep!!!!!!, just got a 100% :)))))
- Stress Management Techniques - Aaron, Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 3:02pm
THIS WAS A GREAT HELP. KEEP POSTING AND SHARING FOR OTHER SUBJECTS ON THE PERSONAL TRAINER PROGRAM FOR PF. its a life saver!
- Stress Management Techniques - kay, Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:55pm
95% bottom answer
- Stress Management Techniques - Ashley, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 11:58pm
Angela, you must just be really stupid cause I used every single answer from the bottom answers and I got a 100. So apparently not even the correct answers can help your stupidity.
- Stress Management Techniques - Trisha, Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 8:20pm
100% :D thx so much
- Stress Management Techniques - Mystery, Wednesday, October 30, 2013 at 11:04am
I don't know any answers...
- Stress Management Techniques - amy, Friday, May 9, 2014 at 5:36pm
number 5 is not c I checked and I got it wrong
- Stress Management Techniques - Jen, Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 11:35am
Wow thanks guys, I just got 100% :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Fitness And Nurition - Greetings! I did my homework, but I don't know if my ...
- health - Which one of the following chemicals does the body generate during ...
- Fitness & Nutrition - 16. How does regular exercise help to reduce the effects ...
- Health - 13. How does regular exercise help to reduce the effects of mental ...
- Chemistry - It has been determined that the body can generate 5500 kJ of energy ...
- Chemistry - Question Part Points Submissions Used It has been determined that ...
- Health - Which of the following statements is true? Stress management consists ...
- Physics - In solid sodium chloride (table salt), chloride ions have one more ...
- STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES - Which of the following physiological symptoms ...
- Physics - Which one of the following stresses would be most likely to cause a ...