Posted by Madasan on Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 11:58am.
Suppose you have a set of data points for x and t. Using the below formula you need to graph a STRAIGHT LINE.
x = 1/2 a t^2
Now, I know I would graph x versus t, but do I graph:
-x versus t
-x versus the root of t
-x versus t^2
-or possibly x^2 versus t???
Thank you so so so much!
- Calculus please help! - Madasan, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 11:59am
and please explain why so I understand how to do this!
- Calculus please help! - bobpursley, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 1:13pm
well, it makes no sense.
I assume you have a set of data points. If so, plot them. Is it a straight line, or a second degree curve? If it is a straight line, then use y=mt+b and find m, b from your data plot. If it is a parabola, use y=at^2+ b, and find a,b to match the points.
- Calculus please help! - Damon, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 4:55pm
Graph x versus t^2
- Calculus please help! - Damon, Saturday, July 3, 2010 at 4:58pm
Here is the answer I gave to the same question yesterday:
I would graph x versus t^2 but is that correct?
Thank you very much!
* Math/Calculus - Damon, Friday, July 2, 2010 at 8:36pm
Sure, that will work.
You could also use a sheet of graph paper with log scales.
log x = log [.5 a t^2] = log(.5 a) + 2 log t
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The graph of the equation y=4-x consists of all the points in the ...
- Math-due today, need a check - Please help me with this, below is a question I ...
- Math/Algebra - Please help me with this, below is a question I have to answer…...
- calculus - hi we have been given a graph and we need to fing its equation. the ...
- Chemistry - Given data collected for a liquid. Equilibrium vapor pressure in ...
- Alegbra 116 Help Please - why the line x = 4 is a vertical line. Name three ...
- Math - Okay I have a scatterplot, so I have points on the graph. I need to use ...
- MATH! - How do you make a coordinate plane graph? I can't go and get my text ...
- statistics - Job Sat. INTR. EXTR. Benefits 5.2 5.5 6.8 1.4 5.1 5.5 5.5 5.4 5.8 5...
- Math - Creating the best fit straight line through a set of points on a graph is...