Posted by aa on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 2:38am.
Construction of a new plant:
Architect's fees $ 4,000
Cash paid for land and run-down building thereon 120,000
Removal of old building 18,000
Salvage from sale of old building parts (4,000)
Survey to site the new building 800
Legal fees for title search 1,400
Excavation for construction for basement 15,200
Machinery purchased 61,000
Storage charges on machinery because the building was
not ready when machinery was delivered 500
Freight on machinery purchased 1,200
Hauling charges to deliver machinery from storage to new building 300
New building constructed 600,000
Installation of machinery 2,300
a) Prepare a schedule showing the amounts to be recorded as Land, Buildings, and Machinery and Equipment.
b) Prepare the journal entry to record the above.
- business - Writeacher, Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 6:52am
Please understand that no one here will do your work for you. However, we will be happy to read over whatever you come up with and make suggestions and/or corrections.
Please post what you think.
- business - Bhavna, Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 11:17pm
Hey did u get the answer for this one?? I have a similar question. Please help
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Financial Accounting - Prepare the general journal entries for the following ...
- accounting - The following costs were incurred by Shumway Company in purchasing ...
- Accounts - From the following Balance Sheets of Sriramco, prepare (a) Statement ...
- Accounting - In 2000, purchased land for $5,600,000 that had a natural resource ...
- Accounting - I need to enter the following into Journal Enteries a) Borrowed $12...
- accounting - Assets Cash (Net Effect) $35,000 20,000 +15,000 A/R 33,000 14,000 +...
- financial accounting and reporting - january 01,2007 Mr.A started a business ...
- accounting - Cooper Construction Company had a contract starting April 2010, to ...
- accounting - Tyler Constructions constructed a new campus block to house ...
- Real Estate Financing - "Mr. Smith acquired a property consisting of one acre of...