Posted by Kathy on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at 9:57pm.
I have a pizza. The radius is 10 inches long. The pizza was cut into 16 equal slices. When 1 slice was left, my sister and I both wanted it, so we agreed to cut it in half, but I like the crust more than she does, so we decided to cut it the "other way." In other words, the two pieces would not be symmetrical. The inside piece would contain all topping, and the outer piece would contain some topping and some crust.
1. Find the area of the whole pizza.
2. What is the area of one piece of pizza?
3. What is the area of a half-piece?
4. What would the area of the whole pizza be if it were made of half pieces?
a=10(pi), a=100/10, a=10
5. What is the radius of a half-piece? (ie, where do I need to cut to make two equal halves out of a piece?)
I was wondering if I got these answers correct. If I did not, could someone please explain what I did wrong?Also, I was a little confused as to how to get the answer to the last question. Cheers!
- Geometry - Henry, Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 10:12pm
3.Incorrect. If the pie was cut into 16
slices,each slice is 1/16th of the total area.A 1/2 slice would be 1/32nd
(1/2*1/16)of the total area: A=3.14*10^2/32=9.8sq.in.
4.You can cut the pizza into as many piecse as you like; the area will be
the same if you do not change the radius. A=3.14*10^2=314 sq.in.
5. If cut properly the radius will be the same, but the area will be 3.14*10^2/32. I hope this will help.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - I have a pizza. The radius is 10 inches long. The pizza was cut into...
- Geometry - I have a pizza. The radius is 10 inches long. The pizza was cut into ...
- Math - Maria cut a pizza into 8 equal slices. She put a slice of pizza on 3 ...
- Division - Maria cut a pizza into 8 equal slices she put a slice of pizza on 3 ...
- geometry - A rectangular pizza has a width of 5 in. and a length of 10 in. The ...
- 11th grade Algebra 2 - A large pizza from Papa's Pizzeria has a diameter of 18 ...
- Math - A circular pizza of radius 8 is cut into 8 equal slices. What is the ...
- math - Sarah ordered 4 pepperoni pizzas. She wanted to cut the pizza so each ...
- geometry - You and your friend ordered a 12 cut pizza with a radius of 8 inches...
- 4th grade - At one table, some of the students shared 3 pizzas. Each pizza was ...