Posted by AL 92 on Monday, June 28, 2010 at 6:00pm.
There's 1 more question that I'd like to know relating to elections.
What if Al Gore won the 2000 election instead of George W. Bush? Do you think the United States would have been a different country until 2009?
U.S. presidential election - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 28, 2010 at 6:04pm
It would have been a different country.
Depending upon your views of both Bush and Gore, you may think the country would have been better or worse off.
What do you think? Why?
U.S. presidential election - AL 92, Monday, June 28, 2010 at 6:07pm
When George W. Bush was president, a lot of bad things occured during his time like 9/11, the aftermath of Katrina, and the Iraq War. If Al Gore was President, could the Sep. 11 terrorist attacks been prevented?
U.S. presidential election - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 28, 2010 at 6:09pm
I seriously doubt it.
Would Gore have handled Katrina better? I don't know.
Would Gore have attacked Iraq? I hope not -- but who knows?
9/11 (We will never forget.) - AL 92, Monday, June 28, 2010 at 6:19pm
Then why would Bush let the attacks occur?
Meanwhile, there was a good thing out of that day. If you remember Flight 93, some of the passengers tried to take control of the plane that was hijacked and was headed for D.C., but they crashed in Pennsylvania. I will always be impressed by their courage.
U.S. presidential election - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 28, 2010 at 6:21pm
Bush did not LET the attacks occur. This was a conspiracy that had been planned for a long time and the U.S. didn't have the mechanisms to stop it then. If an enemy is determined enough, it can attack us.
I agree that the passengers of Flight 93 are real heroes.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- U.S. History - 1.) How did Bush v. Gore affect national politics? a.) It called ...
- Government - Which statement about 2000 presidential election is most accurate? ...
- Managerial Economics - In the 2000 U.S. presidential contest, Al Gore was ...
- managerial economics - In the 2000 U.S. presidential contest, Al Gore was ...
- GOVERNMENT - WHAT IS A MID TERM ELECTION It is the election for senators and ...
- AP Government - I have a few question I need answered, if anyone could help I ...
- Civics - If all counties in Florida had used the same procedures for recounting ...
- History - 1. What finally decided the outcome of the 2000 presidential election...
- English - In the presidential election of 1860, Lincoln received 180 out of a ...
- history - Can anyone help me ?? George W. Bush's victory in presidentaial ...