Posted by Anonymous on Monday, June 28, 2010 at 8:29am.
1. Which type of after-school game is usually most successful with younger children?
A. Highly structured group games
B. Noncompetitive, physical games
C. Individual, quiet games
D. Educational reading and writing games
2. One of the primary concerns of child advocacy groups is
A. the need to provide more supervisory care for children.
B. providing children with sports, games, and arts and crafts activities.
C. the problem of low wages for early childhood educators.
D. educational, health, and social services for high school students.
3. The Montessori program stresses the importance of
A. rapid-fire drills and repetition.
B. the teachings of Jean Piaget.
C. exploration, fantasy, and discovery.
D. hands-on, developmentally appropriate learning activities.
4. Who are pre-primer programs designed for?
A. Infants too young to enter a preschool program
B. First graders needing extra schooling before beginning second grade
C. Preschoolers in after-school programs
D. Kindergartners needing extra schooling before beginning first grade
5. You should serve meals and snacks for young children
A. at the same time daily.
B. only when the children are hungry.
C. in a completely quiet atmosphere.
D. at a different time every day.
6. Children often use parallel play as a way to
A. develop their social skills.
B. enter a new play group.
C. learn cooperation with others.
D. learn organized games.
7. Which of the following statements about the development of a child's language skills is correct?
A. You should teach language skills only during circle or sharing time.
B. Asking leading questions can hinder language development.
C. Reading aloud to children encourages language development.
D. Children should wait until an activity is completed before talking about it.
8. When resolving conflicts between students in an after-school program, the teacher aide should
A. give attention to the aggressor first.
B. let children discuss their differences with each other.
C. never use a "time-out" corner.
D. separate and isolate the children involved.
9. Which of the following activities helps develop fine motor skills?
A. Playing marbles
B. Riding bikes
D. Playing tag
10. The High/Scope preschool program model places a strong emphasis on the children's
A. ability to use special learning materials.
B. ability to learn despite academic readiness.
C. mental or cognitive development.
D. development of physical skills and coordination.
11. The most common early childhood program in the United States is
A. the eclectic model.
B. the Montessori model.
D. the Froebelian model.
12. Providing experiences that promote growth in the physical, emotional, social, language, and cognitive area is known as
A. making the curriculum developmentally appropriate.
B. developing the whole child.
C. promoting a cognitively oriented atmosphere.
D. preparing the environment.
13. For a child in a cognitively oriented early childhood curriculum to achieve success, the activities should
A. include instruction in a foreign language.
B. discourage fantasy and role-playing.
C. be developmentally appropriate.
D. focus on the development of fine motor skills.
14. In a classroom, the teacher or teacher aide should
A. allow children time to choose their own material or activities in which to participate.
B. provide as much structure in the curriculum as possible.
C. allow for as much variety as possible in the daily classroom schedule.
D. use passive activities to promote cognitive learning.
15. Which of the following statements concerning cognitive development in children is correct?
A. A curriculum designed to encourage cognitive development in three-year-olds would also be appropriate for five-year-olds.
B. Practice in sequencing and ordering will help children distinguish between the sounds of letters when they begin reading.
C. Children can be forced to attain certain stages before they're developmentally ready.
D. The ability to identify objects is necessary for the development of comparing, contrasting, sequencing, and classifying skills.
16. When planning activities for an after-school day care program, the teacher aide should provide
A. drill and thinking activities that carry over from the school curriculum.
B. activities that are highly structured and demanding.
C. a choice of activities that foster independence.
D. activities that require detailed instructions and must be set up by the children.
17. According to this study unit, an acceptable adult to child ratio for schools teaching five-year-olds is
A. 1 adult to15 children.
B. 2 adults to 20 children.
C. 3 adults to 40 children.
D. 2 adults to 30 children.
18. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is an organization that
A. lobbies mainly on the behalf of African-American children.
B. provides early childhood education through federal funding.
C. sets standards for preschools through its accreditation program.
D. is primarily concerned with rights and problems of learning disabled children.
19. To prevent disruptive behavior in the classroom,
A. separate disruptive children from others whenever possible.
B. give easy-to-understand rules and procedures.
C. keep children as quiet as possible so they can hear instructions when given.
D. give disruptive children individualized attention as much as possible.
20. A good activity for a child's cognitive development is
A. listening and repeat games.
B. self-help practice.
C. circle time.
D. sequencing and ordering.
- Early Childhood ... - Writeacher, Monday, June 28, 2010 at 8:44am
You need to let us know what YOU THINK the answers to these questions are. Then someone here will be happy to help you.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - Anonymous, Monday, June 28, 2010 at 9:03am
These are my answers thank you
- Early Childhood ... - Writeacher, Monday, June 28, 2010 at 10:53am
I disagree with 1-4, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20
I agree with 7
You need to check your text or instructional materials for specifics:
5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 17, 19
Other teachers may have more input.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 28, 2010 at 11:47am
The only answers with which I agree are: 5, 7, 8, 15. I don't know about 3, 11, 17.
The others are wrong, in my opinion. However, some of these questions are rather vague and you may be able to make a good argument that you are correct.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - lam, Sunday, July 11, 2010 at 8:34pm
Alt + 26
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - lam, Sunday, July 11, 2010 at 8:36pm
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - MattsRiceBowl, Monday, July 19, 2010 at 7:24am
3's right. (I'm a Montessori teacher...just adding that in. haha)
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - AspiringTeacherandMotherofFour, Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 9:54pm
Well all of my answers were right except for 20...lol oh well I am happy with a 95
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - teacher aide: TECHNOLOGY IN THE CLASSROOM 02604000, Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 1:10pm
i got a 25 your answers are soooo wrong i tryed to beleave that it was all right but it was all wrong thank
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - teacher aide: TECHNOLOGY IN THE CLASSROOM 02604000, Friday, June 24, 2011 at 12:43pm
sorry i only agree with 2, 3, 5, 7, 8
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - teacher aide: TECHNOLOGY IN THE CLASSROOM 02604000, Friday, June 24, 2011 at 2:01pm
june 24, 2011
the right answers are for EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE 02604300
these are all the right answers the other person was wrong and i just took the test
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - yani, Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 3:09am
100% Right answers 02604300
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE - yani, Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 3:11am
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION & AFTER-SCHOOL DAY CARE 02604300
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- teachers aide early chidhood education and after s - which type of afterschhol ...
- The practice of working with school age children - When planning outdoor games, ...
- Teachers Aide/Early Childhood Education and After- - Here are my answers thus ...
- Teachers Aide/Early Childhood Education and After- - 16. When planning ...
- The Teacher Aide in Early Childhood Education Prog - Could you please help 2. ...
- 5th Grade Math - Keith played some games of chess at a tournament. He recorded ...
- math 2 - A video arcade offers 6 free games to first time costomers. Each game ...
- Calculus - Your high school softball team has won ten games and lost five games...
- Education - what is a good website which provides educational games to play and ...
- University of Rhode Island - A soccer team played 18 games during the season. ...