Posted by Britney on Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 11:59am.
I need to find the answer to this riddle. I followed the directions but didn't come up with anything I see that makes sense. Can anyone help please? Thanks!
What word is spelled after following these directions?
1. Write the words GEORGE WASHINGTON on your paper.
2. Take out all of the E's.
3. Counting only the remaining letters, add an L after each seventh letter.
4. Move the second G to the beginning, and put the last letter in its place.
5. Wherever three consonants appear together, change them in order so that the first consonant in the group becomes the last, the one in second place takes the first position, and the one in third position becomes the middle consonant in the group.
6. Take out the last two vowels.
7. Whenever a double consonant (example, PP, TT, NN, etc.) appears, take out both letters.
8. Beginning with the third letter from the left, interchange each two letters.
9. Take out the last two letters.
10. Move the last letter so that it will be the first letter.
11. Add a D after each fourth letter and at the beginning.
12. Replace every S with an N.
13. Take out the three middle letters.
14. Take out the final letter and put the first letter in its place.
- Listening - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 12:54pm
This is a favorite "follow the directions" exercise. After a couple of tries, I found the answer.
Here's how I started.
Can you finish it from here?
- Listening - Britney, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 1:11pm
This is what I came up with. Still think i need help
- Listening - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 1:12pm
Hint: The last word is an informal name of a European country.
- Listening - Britney, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 1:24pm
Is it HOLLAND?
- Listening - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 1:51pm
That's what I got. :-)
- Listening - Britney, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 2:13pm
Good job! Thanks for the help!
- Listening - Ms. Sue, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 2:17pm
You're welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 3 grade english ms sue - vowels:r-controlled directions replace the sound in ...
- online dictionary: inticed - How come the word inticed is not on dictionary-com...
- TO TEACHERS AND WRITEACHER - TO TEACHERS AND WRITEACHER HELLO, I AM NEW TO THIS ...
- RIDDLE - SOLVE THIS RIDDLE: YOU COULD SEE ANYTHING IN THAT LIKE EVERYTHING ...
- RESPONSE to PreCalc - Makes complete sense thank you so much!!! My only question...
- Math Riddle - How many two-digit numbers are multiples of 3 and also factors of ...
- English - Select the letter of the choice that correctly identifies the ...
- Riddle - Answer this... A Riddle,A nine-letter word, common as air,When each ...
- math - If Stephanie is scheduledto begin practiceat 12:30p.m., what is the ...
- English - Complete each sentence with a / ch/ word spelled ch or tch . Write the...