Posted by Darla on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 7:34pm.
The mortgage department of the company is selling two model homes that are located on the same block. The square footage, as well as the type of model, determines the cost of these homes.
e) The second home has 200 square feet more than the square footage of the first home. Write an equation that illustrates this situation using x and y to denote home #1 (x) and home #2 (y), respectively.
f) Together, both homes have 5,000 square feet. Write an equation that illustrates this situation using the same variables you used in part e.
g) Use substitution to determine the square footage of each house. Demonstrate the process you used to arrive at your answer
Scenario #3: Your company must use a transportation service to shuttle their corporate partners from the airport for a quarterly meeting. Green Transportation Service charges $12 initially plus $3.50 per mile for every mile traveled. Thomas Transportation Service charges $10 initially plus $4.50 per mile for every mile traveled.
h) Write an equation in two variables (x & y) that illustrates the costs for using the GreenTransportation Service.
i) Write an equation in two variables (x & y) that illustrates the costs for using Thomas Transportation Service.
j) If the trip is 4 miles, how much does each one charge? If the trip is 10 miles, how much does each one charge? Show your work.
k) At one mileage both services will be charging the same rate. Find that mileage and explain what is happening “graphically” where the services are charging that same rate?
I am just having problems figuring the equations. I know how to do the rest. Can you please help?
Alegebra - PsyDAG, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 11:58am
We do not do your work for you, but I will give you a start.
e) If x = first home and y = second,
x + 200 = y
f) x + y = 5000
g) I''l let you do the calculations.
h) Let x = total cost and y = miles.
x = 12 + 3.5y
i) Use similar process to h.
I'll leave the rest up to you. Once you do your work, we will be happy to check it.
Algebra - PsyDAG, Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 11:59am
Sorry for the duplication.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Here is the question: The mortgage department of the company is selling ...
- Algebra - Here is a question, but I am having a problem finding the right ...
- Please take a look - Here is a question, but I am having a problem finding the ...
- Algebra - Okay, so I am stuck on solving this using the substitution method. The...
- Algebra - Scenario #1: You handle internal accounting for Anderson Homes, a land...
- math - A study is conducted to compare the average square footage of homes in ...
- assignment homehork - A national homebuilder builds single-family homes and ...
- Math 209 - Predicting Home Prices Selling prices of homes can depend on several ...
- algebra - P. 620 #56. Predicting Home Prices Selling prices of homes can depend...
- Engineering - We estimate that today c.89% of homes can readily get a 2Mbps (or ...