Posted by linny on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 11:40am.
I am trying to find a poem (ideally by uk poet) that starts with a word beginning with the letter c. I have found many poems but none that start with a word like can, call, etc. Does anyone know a poem or can direct me to a website. many thanks in advance.
English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 11:51am
Here's one --
english - GuruBlue, Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 12:52pm
C is for cap.
C is for cat.
C is for cookies
on my mat.
english - linny, Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 1:14pm
many thanks you guys (+ gals) are great.
English - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 2:16pm
You're very welcome, Linny.
english - E.G., Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 6:01pm
Here is one I wrote sometime ago (and hold the copyright to):
"A Summer's Night"
Calm and peaceful is the night,
All the stars are gleeming bright;
Just a gentle evening breeze
Is tenderly flirting with some leaves.
Then, suddenly, vivid and strong
A turbulent storm is coming along;
Thunder is roaring through the sky,
Like Zeus raging on Olympus high.
Like a herd of buffalo stampeding through
While a frightened owl is asking "Who?"
But just as sudden as it began
The storm has departed again;
The thunder is roaring no more
And it's calm and peaceful - like before.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- state abbreviations - OK now is id a two letter word? cause i must find 8 two ...
- english - there is some unknown poet called M.T. Buckley whom seems to be known ...
- social studies - The homework was that you had to write a word that starts with ...
- English - So for English we're doing poetry. With a partner we both wrote our ...
- English - if I have a quote that starts at the beginning of a sentence would I ...
- English - I need a word for the following description: when children come into ...
- Poetry - I need to write a poem with the word ALGEBRA but the only problem is ...
- English - Let's play the Word Relay Game. Look at the arrow. The first word on ...
- English - start with the word cage.make a new,two syllable word by replacing one...
- English lit - I need to write a explication about this poem, can you help? A ...