Posted by Unknown on Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 9:55am.
1.)In most States, the right to vote was originally denied to all but which one of the following groups?
a)Women who owned land
b)White men who owned property
=c)Children of rich parents
2.)Which of the following statements would the Framers of the Constitution have disagreed with?
a)A government with well-constructed institutions is much more likely to live up to its ideals.
=b)As long as a government is founded with good ideals, it will always govern its people well.
c)A good government must promote balance between order, democracy, and liberty.
3.)Which of the following statesmen was the strongest supporter of liberty as a political value?
4.)The former colonies _____ most of their power under the _____.
=a)retained, Articles of Confederation
b)lost, Articles of Confederation,
c)relinquished, new State constitutions
5.)_____ States supported the _____ Plan, which called for a bicameral legislature in which States would be represented according to their population.
6.)General George Washington _____.
a)thought the Articles of Confederation were perfect
=b)was a leader of the movement to create a stronger central government
c)opposed the ratification of the Constitution
- History Check - Writeacher, Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 10:00am
As I said yesterday, you have misunderstood this phrasing: "denied to all but which one..."
Read the question this way:
1.)In most States, the right to vote was given only to which one of the following groups?
In other words, which of those three groups COULD VOTE??
- History Check - Ms. Sue, Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 10:11am
All are correct -- except for number 1.
- History Check - Unknown, Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 10:49am
- History Check - Anonymous, Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 12:10pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- More History Check - 1.)Which of the following statements is true? =a)Although ...
- science - In most States, the right to vote was originally denied to all but ...
- American Government - - In most States, the right to vote was originally denied ...
- Economics - Timber companies in the United States cut down many trees on ...
- Us History - How had the American electorate changed by the election of 1828? ...
- Business Law - The question is, States in which property accumulated during ...
- U.S. History - U.S. Groups of the late 1700's and early 1800's . Women . ...
- economic - In a capitalist system, most property is A.private property B.owned ...
- Math - If the ratio of children to parents is 3 to 2 which of these shows ...
- Social studies - how was south carolina constitution of 1868 different from ...