Posted by AyPa on Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 5:50pm.
1.In The Odyssey, what prophecy of Teiresias and Circe does Odysseus withhold from his men?
A-Odysseus and his crew will return triumphant to Ithaca.
B-The sailors adventure will last another ten years.
C-Only Odysseus will survive and return home.
D-Poseidon will capsize their ship near Charybdis.
2.In The Odyssey, which of the following of Odysseus actions is most characteristic of an epic hero?
A-He has his men plunder Cicones and enslave its women.
B-He tells Polyphemus that his name is Nohbdy.
C-He taunts Polyphemus after escaping from the Cyclops's cave.
D-He allows Circe to persuade him to stay with her.
3.In The Odyssey, Telemachus executes the maids because they have
A-associated with the suitors.
B-neglected the dog Argos.
C-revealed Odysseus identity.
4.All of the following are themes of The Odyssey EXCEPT
A-loyalty to family and friends.
B-the cost of ambition.
D-the relationship between humans and gods.
I re-posted the answers
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. In The Odyssey, what prophecy of Teiresias and Circe does Odysseus ...
- English- Anyone who has read The Odyssey - What is the effect of the epic simile...
- english - 1. What does the Odyssey give greater weight? Cite folklore motifs to ...
- English (Writeacher) - How should revise these sentences so that they are still ...
- English (Writeacher) - Do you think I should revise anything? I have been given ...
- English Check please - Read the following passage about Odysseus from Part 2 of ...
- english - does this sound write and look grammatically correct? Please and thank...
- English - for the name Odysseus, if i want to add an s at the end do i have to ...
- language arts - Read the following passage from the Odyssey: “There’s our sign! ...
- english - does this sound right with grammatical errors too Odysseus sent three ...