Posted by Ariel on Monday, June 21, 2010 at 3:35pm.
Out of 56 problems I'm unsure of 7 of them. Can someone please check? (= is my answer.
1.)Which of the following is not an essential element of the English political tradition?
=c.)Limits to the power of the king
d.)Protection of certain rights
2.)The slogan "No taxation without representation!" refers to which traditional right of English citizens?
=a.)To be consulted before taxes are raised
b.)Not to be taxed
c.)To collect taxes themselves
d.)To elect their representatives in Parliament
3.)Under British rule, _____.
a.)each colony was administered separately
=b.)all the colonies had the same form of government
c.)the colonies cooperated significantly
d.)the colonists were represented in Parliament
4.)The emergence of Parliament was important because _____.
a.)it established the right of English citizens of different classes to be consulted by the government
=b.)it quickly reduced the king to a powerless figurehead
c.)it was the first example of a working democracy in history
d.)none of the above
5.)The _____ and the _____ were both early plans for uniting the British colonies, neither of which was particularly successful.
=a.)New England Confederation, Albany Plan of Union
b.)proprietary colonies, charter colonies
c.)Navigation Acts, Stamp Act
d.)French and Indian War, King Philip's War
6.)Soon after the Crown imposed the first new taxes on the colonies, _____.
a.)the majority of Americans began to agitate for independence
b.)the Americans embraced the taxes as a sign of "taxation without representation"
=c.)the colonists began to protest what they thought was a violation of their traditional rights
d.)the British Parliament formally objected to this illegal imposition of taxation
7.)In general, _____ could vote in elections for colonial legislatures.
a.)all white men and women
c.)the entire adult population
=d.)only members of the nobility
- Government Check - Ms. Sue, Monday, June 21, 2010 at 5:01pm
I'm not sure about # 1.
I agree with your answers for 5 and 6.
Numbers 2, 3, 4, and 7 are wrong.
- Government Check - Ariel, Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 12:14am
Ok thanks I reposted my newer answers in case you don't come back to this posting :)
- Government Check - jdana, Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 2:21pm
who posts stuff like that, seriously? grow up
- Government Check - cody, Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 9:55am
for the people being rude... im pretty sure this web page says homework HELP at the top. so go bug people on youtube comments you fat kids with out cake.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Government corrections - I posted my 1st answers to be checked and here are the ...
- US history - Indicate below the type of government each colony had in the year ...
- Government/Economics Check - Out of 48 questions I struggled with these. Could ...
- History again - I just need to check if I am right. Thank you. All of the ...
- u.s. history - How does the constitution limit the powers of government? A. The ...
- American Government - Check my answers please 1. Which of the following describe...
- Algebra - Can someone check my algebra answers and help me with the problems I ...
- English - Writeacher, could you please check my post, I need to prepare for ...
- CHECK my answer in American government - ** by my answer 4. In which way does a ...
- Art History - I am looking for references (links, URLs, articles, websites or ...