Posted by samantha on Monday, June 21, 2010 at 2:05pm.
what volume (in L) of 0.150 M KCl solution is required to completely react with 0.150 L of a 0.175 M Pb(NO3)2 solution according to the following balanced chemical equation?
2KCl (aq) + Pb(NO3)2 (aq) --> PbCl2 (s) + 2 KNO3 (aq)
chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, June 21, 2010 at 2:17pm
1. Calculate moles Pb(NO3)2. mols = M x L.
2. Using the coefficients in the balanced equation, convert moles Pb(NO3)2 to moles KCl.
3. Convert mols KCl to L. M = mols/L.
chemistry - samantha, Monday, June 21, 2010 at 2:50pm
okay so the solution would be.
0.150 M KCl x 0.175 M Pb(NO3)2/ 1 M KCL x 0.150 L/0.175 M Pb(NO3)2 = 0.023 L?
chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, June 21, 2010 at 3:13pm
No. Don't try to do it all at once. Do it in steps as I've suggested.
0.15 x 0.175 will give you the correct mols Pb(NO3)2 but your conversion factor does not convert to moles KCl. There are 2 moles KCl/1 mole Pb(NO3)2 according to your balanced equation. I don't know what the last term means.
chemistry - samantha, Monday, June 21, 2010 at 3:33pm
my teacher insists that we do it that way, i don't really understand it but i try!
so it would come out to be 0.026 moles Pb(NO3)2. Then, converting Pb(NO3)2 into KCl it would come out to be 0.052 Moles KCl. Then divide 0.052 by 0.150 which would equal 0.15 L?
chemistry - VJ, Saturday, October 1, 2016 at 10:21pm
you are right but when you divide 0.052 by 0.150 the answer will be 0.35 L.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - what volume in Liters of 0.15M KCl solution is required to ...
- Chemistry - When solutions of KCl and Pb(NO3)2 are mixed, a precipitate forms. ...
- chemistry 105 - Consider the following reaction: Li2S(aq)+Co(NO3)2(aq)-->...
- Gen chem 1 - According to the following reaction, what volume of 0.25 M CaCl2 ...
- chemistry - what volume (in ML) of a 0.150 M HNO3 solution is required to ...
- Chemistry - For the reaction: Pb(NO3)2(aq) + 2KCl(aq)->PbCl2(s) + 2KNO3(aq) ...
- Chemistry - 1. What is the molar of a sodium bicarbonate solution prepared from ...
- Chemistry - Balance each of the following skeleton equations. A) KCl + Pb(NO3)2...
- Chemistry - If 150 mL of 1.73 M aqueous NaI and 235 g of Pb(NO3)2 are reacted ...
- Chemistry - 3Ca(NO3)2(aq)+2Na3PO4(aq)->Ca3(PO4)2(s)+6NaNO3(aq) A.)the moles ...