Posted by Anonymous on Monday, June 21, 2010 at 11:55am.
Joe Researcher asks for access to patient records as part of a research project. What should
the health information manager do?
A. Say yes—access for research is permitted.
B. Say no.
C. Tell Joe to submit his request to an institutional review board if he doesn’t have
authorizations from all of the patients.
D. Say yes if the project seems important.
2. Dr. Jones runs a rehab facility and is treating a psychotic drug user. The patient suddenly
abandons the facility, leaving a note that he plans to kill his ex-wife today. The patient has
left behind his antipsychotic medicine that he must take every two hours. Dr. Jones
A. may not release this information because it’s confidential.
B. may release the information.
C. may release the information only if the patient authorized such release in advance.
D. may release the information after obtaining a court order first.
3. Judge Jones is hearing a motion to order release of substance abuse records pursuant to
a subpoena. The hearing
A. must be in open court because the records were subpoenaed.
B. may be in open court at the discretion of the judge.
C. must be heard in chambers and sealed from public scrutiny.
D. may be heard in chambers if the motion so requested.
4. The newspaper phones a rehab clinic and asks if Sally Celebrity is a patient and what is
her status. The clinic should
A. tell the newspaper the truth.
B. lie and say she’s not if, in fact, she’s there.
C. acknowledge her presence but give no details on status.
D. say regulations prohibit divulging patient-specific information.
5. Sally lives with her mother. She wants an HIV test but is afraid her mother or her employer
will somehow learn the results, especially if they have to be reported to health officials.
A. lie to the doctors about her identity.
B. demand that the doctor sign an agreement indemnifying her against any damages if the
information is revealed.
C. have the test performed in a state that permits anonymous testing.
D. claim mistaken identify if the results are revealed.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- confidentiality of health information - Joe researcher asks for access to ...
- Confidentiality of Health info - Please check my answer thanks:) Joe Smith asks ...
- foster - joe researcher asks for access to patient records as part of a research...
- Law and Ethics - please chek my answer thanks Joe Smith asks for access to ...
- Medical transcription HIPAA research project - I have never done a research ...
- Health Research Project - I have a research paper where I need to write a ...
- Confidetiality of Health information - please check my answer thanks :) True or ...
- Research Project on Computer Confidentiality - I have a research paper where I ...
- Health Information - Dr. Bob's computerized records are damaged by a power surge...
- Health - Law and Ethics - HIPAA - We are to go to the hhs.gov sire and reaserch ...