Posted by mysterychicken on Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 6:45pm.
I'm really stuck on these 2. Can you please explain the work clearly so that I can understand and find the answer easily, if already not given.
Need help with these 2 please--
19. Nancy invests $100 in one account for 10 years at a 9% interest rate compounded annually, and she invests $150 in an account for 10 years at a 6% interest rate compounded semi-annually. How much money will she have in the accounts after 10 years?
20. Suppose Tyler sprayed around the house for ants. Which formula would be used to find the number of ants still alive after a certain time if the number of ants was changing exponentially?
a. a = P(o.56)^t
b. y = mx + b
c. a = x
d. a = P(1.23)^t
- Algebra - Henry, Friday, July 2, 2010 at 10:43pm
19. Pt=Po(r+1)^n =100(1.09)^10=236.74
n=the number of compoundingperiods.
r=Rate per compounding period=APR.
Pt=amount at 10 yrs.
20. The correct choice is d.
a is not the correct choice,becaus
when a number less than one is
raised to a power ,it decreases.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra II Please check- - Please help-What is the equation of the ellipse with ...
- Algebra II-Please check - Please help-What is the equation of the ellipse with ...
- Science - I REALLY REALLY NEED HELP SO 1.I need to do an essay asking you (me)to...
- Algebra (1) - Hello! I'm currently stuck on a ratio problem and do not ...
- Math: Differential Equations - I'm given y''= sin(x) with the initial conditions...
- Chemistry - I still don't understand how to do this problem; grams/molar mass I ...
- AlgebraII - I really stuck on binomial theorem and I have a whole worksheet due ...
- algebra 1 - in the equation 5x+y=-1,m= I will be happy to critique your work on ...
- Maths - Please, I still need help with this. I need to make tables of values for...
- science - what is the Half-life of strontium 90. Explain your work. Okay well I ...