Posted by Mark on Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 4:41am.
Pseudo code: Input a list of employee names and salaries, and determine the
mean (average) salary as well as the number of salaries above and
below the mean
- computer science - MathMate, Thursday, June 17, 2010 at 9:33am
I will show a brief pseudocode for you to expand on. You can post the improved version for discussions.
// data input
total <- 0
input employee.name, employee.salary
total <- total+employee.salary
if count equals zero, quit
// calculate mean
mean <- total/count
// calculate above and below mean
highCount <- 0
lowCount <- 0
compare employee.salary with mean and increment highCount, equalCount or lowCount according to the case
Print highCount, equalCount and lowCount.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- programming concepts - Input a list of employee names and salaries stored in ...
- Computer Programming - I was wondering if someone could review my pseudocode to ...
- programming - John: 50,000 Joe: 30,000 Jane: 60,000 Jill: 25,000 Total: 165,000 ...
- Math - the mean hourly wage of employees at his company using the data in the ...
- statics - Q: The mean annual salary for a sample of electrical engineers is $83,...
- Statistics - The distribution of weekly salaries at a large company is reverse J...
- statistics - The distribution of weekly salaries at a large company is right ...
- college statistics - The CEO of ABC manufacturing commissioned a study to look ...
- Statistics- quick! Is this right? - I need to verify one of my answers quickly...
- math - A company published its list of employees and their salaries (rounded off...