Posted by Amanda on Monday, June 14, 2010 at 5:26pm.
Post your responses to the following. Answer each question in a separate paragraph:
Techniques that can simplify solving equations and inequalities are to clear fractions and decimals when solving linear equations and inequalities.
1. Demonstrate how fractions are cleared with an example with detailed algebraic calculations.
2. Demonstrate how decimals are cleared with an example with detailed algebraic calculations.
Write an equation or inequality that uses either decimal or fractional coefficients respectively for the variables for your classmates to solve.
- Math/ Algebra - Reiny, Monday, June 14, 2010 at 5:32pm
e.g. (2/3)x -4 = x/2 +1
multiply each term by 6, the LCD
4x - 24 = 3x + 6
x = 30
.05x + ,2x = 5
multiply by 100, (since my longest decimal string is 2)
5x + 20x = 500
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 1) Why should we clear fractions when solving linear equations and ...
- Algebra - Solving Linear Equations and Inequalities Solve by eliminating x (this...
- Algebra I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO 3 VARIABLES - Solving Linear Equations and ...
- MATH - I've been having problems with solving equations that involve fractions ...
- Algebra SOLVING LINEAR EQUATIONS AND INEQUALITIES - Please help Im am Grade 5 ...
- Solving inequalities - I have to solve the following inequalities: x^2 + y^2 is ...
- Algebra - I know when solving inequalities the sign changes when you multiply or...
- solving equations fractions - how do i go about solving equations fractions?
- Algebra - Need help solving the system of inequalities and equations graphically...
- Solving Equations with variable on Both Sides - I need help solving this. I've ...