Posted by Anonymous on Monday, June 14, 2010 at 1:48pm.
Mass of flask, boiling chips, foil cap and unknown after cooling reaction 83.350g
2.Mass of flask, boiling chips,and foil cap. 82.657
3. water bath temperature C is 95.0 C
4. Barometric pressure inches of Hg 30.09
5. Accepted molar mass of unknown is 86.2g/moles
6. Volume of flask is 270 mls
1. Calculate mass of unknown.
2. Express water bath temperature in Kelvin
3. Express barometric pressure in standard atmospheric pressure
4. Express volume of flask in cm3
5. Calculate density of vaporized unknown.
Answers so far
1. 0.697 g
2. 368.15 K
4. 270 cm3
5. How can I determine the vaporized unknown?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, June 14, 2010 at 2:30pm
I believe 1 is not quite right. Probably just a typo but 83.350-82.657 = ??
3. 30.09 inches Hg x 25.4 mm/inch = 764.286 mm Hg which is ok. However, the question asks for atmospheres, not mm Hg so divide by 760.
5. density. I am unsure exactly what you are doing.
P*molar mass = density*RT so you can calculate density BUT that doesn't use any of your data other than the molar mass. (It doesn't use the 0.693 g) so I don't think that is the approach to take.
However, you can calculate moles from
PV = nRT. From moles = grams/molar mass you can calculate experimental molar mass (which isn't 86.2), then
density = molar mass/22.4 g/mol which will give you the experimental density of the vapor.
- Chemistry - Jenna, Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 1:28am
A cubic piece of metal measures 6.50 on each edge. If the metal is nickel, whose density is 8.90 , what is the mass of the cube?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - 1. Mass of flask, boiling chips, foil cap and unknown after cooling ...
- Chemistry - 1. Mass of flask, boiling chips, foil cap and unknown after cooling ...
- Chemistry - A student produced a volatile liquid experiment with the following ...
- chemistry - would the molar mass of a volatile liquid be incorrectly high, ...
- AP CHEMISTRY - The molar mass of an unknown organic liquid (M~100) is determined...
- Chemistry - Objectives To determine the molecular weight of a volatile liquid. ...
- AP CHEMISTRY - The molar mass of an unknows organic liquid (M~100) is determined...
- AP Chemistry - The molar mass of a volatile liquid (one which vaporizes easily) ...
- chemistry - The molar mass of a volatile liquid(one which vaporizes easily) can ...
- Chemistry - For each of the following experimental conditions determine whether ...