Posted by Temperance on Monday, June 14, 2010 at 12:59am.
What is the circumference of the circle if the radius is:
5x-My answer was 57(x)pi.
What is the radius if the circumference is:
30x(pi)-My answer was 2x.
(x + y)pi -My answer (x+y)/7.
What is the length of the arc if:
radius=3 degree of measurement of arc=6- My answer was pi/9.
radius=4 degree of measurement of arc=7- My answer was 9(pi)/18.
radius=2 degree of measurement of arc=x- My answer was x(pi)/15.
My answers for these questions were incorrect. I am unsure of how to redo them.Cheers!
- Geometry - Reiny, Monday, June 14, 2010 at 6:45am
1. circumf = 2πr
= 2π(5x) = 10πx
2. using the above ...
30xπ = 2πr
r = 30xπ/(2π) = 15x
3. arclength = rØ , where Ø is the central angle in radians
if arcangle =6° , then Ø = π/30
(to change ° to radians, multipy your degree unit by π/180) ..... 6(π/180) = π/30
arc = 3(π/30) = π/10
The others in this third part of your post are done the same way
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Circumference - Find the circumference and area of cirlce with a radius of 3 ...
- Geometry - I need help on a problem thats on formula for circumference. A circle...
- Geometry - A gardener is installing a circular garden. The radius of the circle ...
- Geometry - What is the circumference of a circle in terms of pi with a radius of...
- Math ~ Check Answers ~ - Find the circumference of the circle (use 3.14 for pi...
- Math - 23.What is the approximate circumference of a circle with a radius of 6 ...
- Algebra - The Circumference and area of a circle of radius r are givin by 2 [pie...
- Geometry - A circle with a radius of 1/2 ft is dilated by a scale factor of 8. ...
- Math--need help fast - If the radius of a circle is x/6, what's the diameter and...
- Math - The circumference of a circle is 4 times the circumference of a circle ...