Posted by Matt on Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 12:59am.
Read the following statements and then determine whether they are facts, unsound opinions, sound opinions, or authoritative opinions. Select the correct answer for each statement. Are any of these correct/incorrect? If so please help.
1.)Due to Einstein's findings in the study of matter and energy, he is one of the greatest scientists to have ever lived.
2.)Einstein's hair stood straight up, so he must've been a little weird.
3.)Many science publications have called Einstein's discovery brilliant.
4.)The meteorologist is a liar because she said it would rain a lot and it only rained a little.
5.)The National Weather Station reported that the storm shifting course is good for holiday travelers.
6.)Today's storm changed course, so the next storm will probably change course, too.
English/Reading - SraJMcGin, Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 2:16am
They look good, except for #6. Is this reliable?
English/Reading - Matt, Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 11:22am
so I will change #6 to unsound opinion because it doesn't sound reliable.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- L.A help - Which statement is true about facts and opinions? Facts can be proved...
- English - 6 Which of the following descriptions best conveys the author’s ...
- science Opinions - i need some of your opinions on this question: how will ...
- Language Arts - How does the writer support the statement that dental floss ...
- Opinion Question: Your opinions are needed please! - I am writing an essay and ...
- English - Now do you have any opinions different from the speaker? Raise your ...
- English - Fools Crow - Hello! Has anyone read the novel Fools Crow by James ...
- In your opinion - I am doing a paper and need a few opinions on the following ...
- English - The are of persuasion is using words to influence the__and actions of ...
- English (Writing) - My CMs look like facts to me. How do I convert the facts to ...