Posted by Ariel on Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 12:15am.
Below, you will find a list of sentences. After each sentence, select true if the topic of the statement is suitable to form the basis of a single persuasive paragraph. If the topic of the statement in your textbook is unsuitable for a single persuasive paragraph, select false. (plz check)
1.) This museum should create more dinosaur exhibits.
2.)Daily exercise is one of the best things you can do to stay healthy.
3.)An Audi is a cool car.
4.)Modern culture is richer than ancient culture.
English 10 Check - Writeacher, Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 8:15am
I disagree with 2, 3, and 4.
English 10 Check - Ariel, Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 11:25am
ok, can I ask why you disagree with 3 because I kinda thought that, that statement wouldn't be suitible to start a paragraph.
English 10 Check - Writeacher, Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 1:13pm
If something is factual only, then it's no good for a persuasive paper. Only if it has a strong opinion in it will it be useful for a persuasive paper.
Not everyone will agree that Audis are "cool" -- therefore, it's a good topic to try to persuade others to agree with!
English 10 Check - Ariel, Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 2:39pm
oh ok Thank you:)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English12 - Below, you will find a list of sentences. After each sentence, ...
- English - In 25-50 words, describe what a thesis statement does. Once you have ...
- english - I think that rainy days are just awful, is this suitable to form the ...
- English - Read the thesis statement that follows. Identify why it is a good ...
- english - How WOuLD I WRITE A paragraph? A paragraph contains a topic sentence ...
- english - What would be an opinion that could be used as a topic sentence for a ...
- english - Which one of the following statements is true regarding paragraphs? A...
- Grammar and Composition - the draft sheet is organized in a confusing way, here'...
- writing - what does it mean when it asks if you qualifed any generalization in ...
- english - Using the topic of home ownership versus leasing, identify a topic and...