Posted by mysterychicken on Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 6:34pm.
2. A long distance phone company has a monthly fee of $7.95 and charges a rate of $0.05 per minute. Another long distance company has a monthly fee of $9.95 and charges a rate of $0.03 per minute. At how many minutes would the two companies have equal charges?
15. A boat travels 30 miles upstream in 4 hours. The trip downstream takes 2.5 hours. Find the rate of the boat in still water.
20. Solve: 5x^2 - 10x = 0
50. (x-1)(x^3 + x^2 + x) =?
Algebra - Henry, Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 7:14pm
2. C1=C2 7.95+.05X=9.95+.03X
CI=Cost at 1st company
C2=Cost at 2nd company
Algebra - Henry, Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 7:46pm
15. Rate upstream=30/4=7.5m/hr
Rate in stillwater=(7.5+12)/2=9.75m/hr
Algebra - Henry, Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 9:51pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Need help with these please--- 2. A long distance phone company has a ...
- math - I need help forming an equation for this word problem.. A long distance ...
- Math - Word Problem - Word problems confuse me >_> You are choosing ...
- Math - the international links long-distance phone company charges no monthly ...
- algebra - One phone company charges a fee of $1 and $.50 a minute. Another ...
- Math - Long distance Phone Company A charges a base rate of $5.00 per month plus...
- Math - Global Telephone charges 30 dollars for monthly phone service, plus a ...
- Math - Customers of a phone company can choose between two service plans for ...
- Algebra 2 - "your long distance service provider charges you $.06 PER minute ...
- math - One phone plan charges a $20 monthly fee and $0.08 per minute on every ...