Posted by mysterychicken on Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 11:29am.
Need help with these---
30. Suppose the area of a square is x^2 - 6x + 9. What is the perimeter of the square?
33. Factor the expression: k^2 + k^f - 2f^2
38. Find the final amount of an investment if $2,000 is invested at an interest rate of 8% compounded quarterly for eight years.
- Algebra - Jazzie, Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 11:36am
30. If we factorise x^2 - 6x + 9, we get (x-3)^2.
So the perimeter is 4(x-3) = 4x -12
I'll need to figure out the others yet in a minute.
- Algebra - Jen, Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 11:37am
Wouldn't the perimeter be 4(x-3)^2?
- Algebra - Jazzie, Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 11:44am
Why? x-3 is the length of ONE side. To calculate
the perimeter of a square, the 4 identical sides are added. But maybe I'm wrong, I dunno....why do you want to square it?
- Algebra - mysterychicken, Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 12:11pm
Jazzie, you're correct. Thanks
- Algebra - Reiny, Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 5:26pm
30. 4x-12 is correct
33. You probably meant to type
k^2 + kf - 2f^2 which is
Amount = 2000(1.02)^32
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Need help with these-- 6. Chase scored 14 points on Monday, and he ...
- ALGEBRA - 1, Factor each expression x^2 - 10x - 24 A. (x + 4)(x - 6) B. (x + 6)(...
- algebra - The perimeter of a square is 12cm greater than that of another square...
- College Algebra - The expression x^2-7 is not factorable using integer values. ...
- College Algebra - suppose that the area of a square is six times its perimeter. ...
- Algebra - Suppose that the area of a square is forty-one times its perimeter. ...
- 2nd grade math - If you have a rectangle with 24 square units 3 lines down 8 ...
- maths - We can cut a square diagonally in half to get two triangles. Suppose the...
- math - square x has an area of 100 square units. Square Y has a perimeter that ...
- Math Help - The sides of a square are increased by a scale factor of 7. The ...