Posted by bb on Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 9:53pm.
I am not sure if I did this right. Just guessing.
algebra: please check - Ana, Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 10:10pm
The answer is -72.
You should have made the denominators alike so that you could subtract the fractions easier.
8p/24 - 9p/24 = 3
-p/24 = 3
-p/-1 = 72/-1
algebra: please check - Reiny, Thursday, June 10, 2010 at 11:31pm
Easier way ...
multiply each term by the LCD, which is 24, so
8p - 9p = 72
-p = 72
p = -72
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math,correction - is this correct? simplify: ((1+(2)/(3))/((2+(1)/(2)) My answer...
- math - In a community of 416 people, each person owns a dog or a cat or both. ...
- Algebra-Please check - We're learning arithmetic sequences-please check this for...
- algebra - Will you please check this and make sure that I am right? 26. 5>-3x...
- Math - I haven't done factoring in ages I'm trying to factor this X^2 - 2X + 8 ...
- Check Please(Math) - (-2x^2y)^3*(5xy^3)^2=(-2x^2y)^3 = -8 x^6 y^3 *Please check ...
- Algebra 2 - Can someone please check these answers for me?? I'm pretty sure most...
- Algebra - Suppose a triangle has angles A,B, and C. Angle C is the right angle. ...
- Math (Check) - The equation y = a^x is a decreasing function a = 1) 1 2) 2 3) -3...
- Algebra - - ok... we keep getting this one wrong: Solve the following equation ...