Posted by Ariel on Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 12:57pm.
Choose the correct slope-intercept form of the following equation and identify the slope and y-intercept. x + 2y = 5
a.)2x + y = 3; m=2; b=3
b.)y = 3x + 2; m=-4; b=0
c.)y = -1/2x + 5/2; m=-1/2; b=5/2
Geometry HELP - Damon, Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 2:18pm
x + 2y = 5
2y = -x + 5
y = (-1/2)x + 5/2
m = -1/2
when x = 0, y = 5/2 (y intercept)
Geometry HELP - Ariel, Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 2:24pm
Geometry HELP - Aanu, Wednesday, June 9, 2010 at 3:04pm
Option d is correct because 2y=-x+5
divide by 2
compare by y=mx+c
m=-1/2 and c=5/2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algerba - Find slope and y-intercept of following equation y=-3 x -2 knowing the...
- Algebra - I have an assignment that asks me to write an equation in slope-...
- Pre-Calculus - help please Identify the slope and intercept of the following ...
- Algebra 2 - Can someone help me with this equation please? The directions are: ...
- math - pls check!!! - Write an equation in point-slope form for the line that ...
- Slopes - Given y = 2x – 4, choose the statement that accurately describes this ...
- My Daughter Stacy needs help in math plz help! - You have to find the x and y ...
- ALGEBRA - Solve for y intercepts 7x+y=-2 Answer: Y = -2 7x + 2y = 4 Answer: Y = ...
- math - slope-intercept - How do I write one equations in slope-intercept form, ...
- algebra[please check] - in questions 1 and 2, write an equation of the line in ...