chem - precipitation problems
posted by Capella on .
When hydroge sulfide gas is passed through a solution of lead (II) nitrate, lead (II) sulfide precipitates out. Write a balanced equation for this reaction and calculate an average rate, in mol/s for the reaction from this data:
1) at 0 seconds, mass of lead (II) sulide is 0 g
2) at 5 seconds, mass is 2.8 g
3) at 10 seconds, mass is 6.1 g
4) at 15 seconds, mass is 9 g
5) at 20 seconds, mass is 11.7 g
(molar mass of lead (II) sulfide is 239.27)
I would average the five runs to give g/s, then divide by 239.27 to change to moles/s.