Posted by Judy on Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 11:33am.
If 600 mL of 0.283 M aqueous NaBr and 15.9 L of gaseous Cl2 measured at STP are reacted stoichiometrically according to the balanced equation, how many liters of gaseous Cl2 measured at STP remain? Round your answer to 3 significant figures.
2NaBr(aq) + Cl2(g) ¡æ 2NaCl(aq) + Br2(l)
Molar Mass (g/mol)
Molar Volume (L)
22.4 at STP
is this rigt??
moles of Cl2 = 15.9 / 22.4 = 0.710
excess Cl2 = .710 - .0849 = 0.625 moles or 0.625 x 22.5 liter = 14.1 liters at STP
- chemistry - DrBob222, Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 12:49pm
You have worked the problem correctly but I would not round until the final step. In addition, the last 22.5 you used should be 22.4.
mols NaBr = 0.600 x .283 = 0.1698 (I've carried it to one more place than is allowed; then I will round at the end.).
moles Cl2 needed = 0.1698/2 = 0.08490.
moles Cl2 = 15.9/22.4 = 0.70982.
0.70982-0.08490 = 0.62492 moles Cl2 un-reacted.
0.62492 mol x 22.4 L/mol = 13.9982 grams = 14.0 grams Cl2 un-reacted.
- chemistry--correction - DrBob222, Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 12:57pm
Obviously, the unit is liters and not grams..
0.62492 mol x 22.4 L/mol = 13.9982 L = 14.0 L Cl2 un-reacted.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - If 600 mL of 0.283 M aqueous NaBr and 15.9 L of gaseous Cl2 measured...
- chemistry - Hi, please help me with this question If 600 mL of 0.283 M aqueous ...
- Chemistry - If 750 mL of 0.893 M aqueous NaBr and 11.6 L of gaseous Cl2 measured...
- Chemistry - If 0.720 mol of gaseous Cl2 and 390 mL of 0.641 M aqueous NaBr are ...
- chemistry - If 8.29 L of gaseous Cl2 measured at STP and 0.380 mol of liquid CS2...
- chemistry - If 0.760 mol of solid TiO2 and 4.20 g of solid C are reacted ...
- chemistry - How many grams of gaseous required? If 0.260 mol of solid C and 20....
- Chemistry - Ive been trying to do my chemistry homework for the past few hours ...
- chemistry - If 220. mL of 0.1364 M aqueous LiOH and 0.3553 L of gaseous CO2 ...
- Chemistry - If 45.3 mL of liquid CS2 and 7.62 L of gaseous O2 measured at STP ...