Posted by kayci on Friday, June 4, 2010 at 6:07pm.
A democracy may be defined by the political principle that the government is created by, derives its powers from, and exists to serve the people.
According to this statement, which of the following is inconsistent with a democratic form or government?
1)the citizens of a democracy are protected by a constitution that guarantees basic rights.
2)every citizen is treated equally under the law
3)the government represses minority opinions
4)the majority may express its views in elections.
5)all citizens have the right to a fair trial.
i picked 1
and thank you for your help school is almost out and i have to do good on my homework to bring my grade up!
- history - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 4, 2010 at 6:20pm
The question asks which is INCONSISTENT with democracy.
Please try again.
- history - kayci, Friday, June 4, 2010 at 6:26pm
- history - Ms. Sue, Friday, June 4, 2010 at 6:33pm
Now you're right.
You need to read the questions and possible answers very carefully.
Look up unfamiliar words in a dictionary.
- history - kayci, Friday, June 4, 2010 at 6:35pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- SOCIAL STUDIES - A democracy may be defined by the political principle that the ...
- social studies - A democracy may be defines by the political principal that the...
- CHECK MY ANSWERS American Government - my answers have * next to them 1. A ...
- democratic politics 10th grade cbse - 1list 4 demerits of democracy? 2Explain 4 ...
- Social Studies - Match each statement below with the constitutional principle it...
- Ms. Sue PLZ HELP!!!(Civics) - "Four score and seven years ago our fathers ...
- American Government - The Constitution establishes rules that the United States ...
- World History Answer Check - 1. Explain how the Code of Hammurabi influences ...
- american gov - 1)With an example, how does judicial review uphold and reinforce...
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). How did colonialism affect the development of ...