Posted by Ceci on Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 6:43pm.
What type of sand/rock is Malibu Beach made of and where did that sand originate??
I've been searching this for a while, but the only results I've gotten were for Beach Hotels.
- Science- 8th grade - SraJMcGin, Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 7:19pm
Read this link very carefully and look on a map for the location of Malibu Beach while I'm looking for more:
- Science- 8th grade - SraJMcGin, Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 7:22pm
Read this about the Geology:
Here where the Santa Monica Mountains meet
the Pacific Ocean, the coastline varies from
rocky bluffs to smooth sandy beaches.
Coastal development has interrupted natural
erosional and depositional cycles, as has the
construction of debris basins to prevent
landslides in the mountains. Therefore, sand
deposited on the beaches by the sea and
mountains is often supplemented by exotic,
trucked-in sand that originates in such urbanized
formations as the San Fernando Valley.
So the sand there may not be the original sand. What about contacting:
LA County Dept Beaches & Harbors @
- Science- 8th grade - SraJMcGin, Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 7:35pm
There are State beaches and Public Beaches, so which beach in particular do you refer to? At any rate, here is an article about Malibu Beach losing sand:
- Science- 8th grade - SraJMcGin, Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 7:36pm
This may be your best bet. Look at the links that talk about the sand:
- Science- 8th grade - Ceci, Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 7:58pm
Thank you SO much! This helped a lot!! Thank you!!!
- Science- 8th grade - waverly, Monday, June 7, 2010 at 9:05pm
- Science- 8th grade - michaela, Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 7:37pm
help me whit unscaunble words
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Physical Science - Pour vinegar onto beach sand in the Carribian and the results...
- Physical Science - The sand on the beach heats up faster each day than the water...
- Physics - The U.S army's parachuting team, the Golden Knights, are on a routine ...
- science - The temperature increase of an object depends on: a. its mass b. its ...
- Geology - What is the chemical make up of the sand at Dockweiler Beach, ...
- thete - A sample of beach sand contains sand particles of different colors, ...
- Physics (Force and Motion) - a 0.20 kg ball is released from a height of 10 m ...
- science - 5.imagine you are at the beach on a very hot day. you walk toward the ...
- science - 5.imagine you are at the beach on a very hot day. you walk toward the...
- please help idin't get it - 5.imagine you are at the beach on a very hot day. ...