Posted by Sara! on Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 5:51pm.
how do you solve these problems?
1.2x/3 + 1/3 - x/8= 2/3
2. 3n + 9/10 + n/5= -2 3/10
3. 3k/4 - 28 - 2k/3 = 37
math - wow, Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 8:05pm
#1: Multiply both sides by a common denominator, in this case 24.
So you'll get
24* (2x/3 + 1/3 - x/8) = 24* (2/3 )
16x + 8 - 3x = 16
13x = 8
x = 8/13
#2: Multiply both sides by 10
#3: Multiply both sides by 12.
math - Sara!, Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 8:15pm
how do you do number 2. with a mixed number like multiply it by 10
math - PsyDAG, Friday, June 4, 2010 at 2:07pm
-2 3/10 = -23/10
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I'm worried about my math. 1. Why don't you buy a math self- teaching ...
- Math - I am having problems understanding how to solve problems like the ...
- math - there's a question that I don't understand and the direction says that '...
- Math - For problems 1 and 2, determine how many solutions there are for each ...
- Math - Solve for S: r^2s-5s=7. Solve for b: L= 4a^2b. I'm confused about how to ...
- math - What types of problems can be solve using the gcf?? What types of ...
- English - It is very rude of you to behave like that. It is very wise of you to ...
- Math - 16.Eliot spent 24 minutes solving 8 math problems.At that rate, how many ...
- algebra - show how to solve these problems: 1. 6x - y = -4 2x + 2y = 15 answer:x...
- Math help please - 1. Solve for x. 4(x - b) = x b = 4/3x b = 3/4x x = 4/3b x = 3...