Posted by helen on Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 7:54pm.
Which sentence presents an alternative in appropriate way?
"The 11:00 a.m. flight is completely sold out, so I booked you on the 2:00 p.m. flight. Hopefully that will work for you."
"We are out the red units, so we went ahead and shipped you 12 green ones instead. You can return them if they do not meet your needs."
"It turns out the problem is bigger than we thought; the entire compressor needs to be replaced, not just the belt. We can either replace it with a new or refurbished part or you may opt just to purchase a whole new machine."
"The warranty period expired yesterday, so there is no choice but to pay the $119 charge to have the unit repaired."
communication - helen, Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 7:55pm
I am between A an C. Although A seems more polite, C is also going straight to the point of what the person needs.
communication - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 8:06pm
I agree that both A and C are the best choices.
I vote for C because it gives the customer an option.
communication - PsyDAG, Thursday, June 3, 2010 at 11:20am
I would vote for B, because it gives the person the alternative to opt out of the situation completely. However, C is also good, giving the person a choice.
Giving a person a choice of options gives that person a greater feeling of control over the situation.
In lotteries, people express more confidence of winning if they choose the numbers rather than having them randomly chosen by a computer. It makes them feel more "in control" of the situation, although the chances of winning are statistically the same.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Business Communication - Which sentence presents an alternative in appropriate ...
- Busniess English - Negative and Persuasive Message - Which sentence presents an ...
- communication - which sentence presents an alternative in appropriate way?
- physics - A flight attendant pulls her 69.1 N flight bag a distance of 280 m ...
- Statistics Range, Variance, and Standard Deviation - 26. Flight Data: Find the ...
- physics - A flight attendant pulls her 74.2 N flight bag a distance of 324 m ...
- math - An airline knows that, on average, the probability that a passenger will ...
- Math - An airline know that,on average the probability that a passenger will not...
- physics - A flight attendant pulls her 66 N flight bag a distance of 318 m along...
- PHYSICS : ) - A flight attendant pulls her 69.1 N flight bag a distance of 280 m...