Posted by Avery on Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 8:37pm.
Two trains leave Raleigh at the same time, one traveling north, the other south. The first train travels at 50 miles per hour and second at 60 miles per hour. In how many hours will the trains be 275 miles apart?
- Algebra - Reiny, Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 9:16pm
let the time be t hours
distance going north = 50t
distance going south = 60t
solve 50t + 60t = 275
let me know what you get.
- Algebra - Avery, Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 9:20pm
- Algebra - Reiny, Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 9:42pm
- Algebra - KeikoABird, Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 6:35pm
What's the inequality though?
- Algebra - Judy pouncy, Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 2:05pm
2 11/22 hours
- Algebra - Noah, Friday, October 2, 2015 at 3:56pm
You are meeting a friend who lives 285 miles away. You both leave at the same time and head directly toward each other. You travel at a speed 10 mph faster than your friend. You finally meet after each traveling for 5 hours. What was your speed, in mph, to the nearest tenth?
- Algebra - ffffffff, Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 8:08pm
Two trains leave the station at the same time, one heading west and the other east. The westbound train travels
miles per hour slower than the eastbound train. If the two trains are
miles apart after
hours, what is the rate of the westbound train?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- College Algebra - two trains leave a train station at the same time. One travels...
- Math - Two trains leave a train station at the same time. One travels east at 11...
- math - Two trains leave a train station at the same time. One travels east at 10...
- Unit 1 - Algebra: two trains leave Chicago at the same time one traveling east ...
- math algebra - Two trains leave the station at the same time, one heading east ...
- math - Two trains leave the station at the same time, one heading west and the ...
- algebra - Two trains leave stations 50 miles apart at the same time heading ...
- math - Two trains heading toward each other are 400 miles apart. One train ...
- Physics - Train A starts at 4 miles South of a bridge and heads North at a ...
- Math - two trains are traveling toward each other adjacent tracks. one of the ...