Posted by Darren on Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 8:28pm.
Could someone help me solve these system using elementary operations, I am having trouble with both of them.
(For the one above the answer is (-1,-2,3)
(For the one above the answer is (2,4,1)
- Vectors - Reiny, Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 9:09pm
add all 3 equations --> 2x + y = -4
now add this to the second ...
3x = -3
x = -1
sub that onto the second and third to get y and z
"play around" with the second question in a similar way.
I would use substitution,
e.g. for the first ---> y = 2x
from the second z = 2y - 7
z = 2(2x) - 7
= 4x - 7
now in the third
2z - x = 0
2(4x-7) - x = 0
7x = 14
x = 2
Now you can find the other two.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Vectors - Could you please help me solve this question: Solve this system of ...
- College Algebra - Please help! x-2y+z=7 2x+y-z=0 3x+2y-2z=-2 a. Solve the above ...
- Math - Please help! x-2y+z=7 2x+y-z=0 3x+2y-2z=-2 a. Solve the above system of ...
- college math - system of equations: solve the following system of operations ...
- Science - Is there an easier way to understand how to convert gallons to liters ...
- Algebra II - 1) when using cramer's rule to solve the system of equations ...
- Vectors - What is the nature of intersection of these three planes: 5x+3y-z=11 -...
- PRE CALC - Use matrices to solve the system. (If the system has infinitely many ...
- Linear Algebra - Hello ! i try to solve Linear algebra 2 questions(but need them...
- Algebra 1 - I'm having trouble solving x=2(x-1)+6 I understand but I get ...