Posted by Franco on Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 5:07am.
I wonder if you could check these sentences on fashion I'm still not sure of (expressions you are likely to use in a clothes shop). Thank you a lot for your help!
1.I usually wear casual clothes such as/like a pair of skinny jeans with a patterned T-shirt or a striped hoodie over it.
2.Iím of medium height and medium build. I have got short brown wavy hair, a fair complexion and a turn-up nose.
3.The most popular clothes among English teenagers are baggy short-sleeved t-shirts with a slogan on them, patterned hoodies and sneakers (and NOT the clothes that are most popular among English teenagers are..)
4.I havenít got any bracelets or earrings (in my ears?) but Iíve got a watch. (Correction: Iím not wearing any kind of jewellery except for a watch? Can you say ďI have got a watch on, I havenít got any make-up on today?)
5.Iím not wearing any make-up on my face today. I like wearing make-up on my face/I like making-up my eyes and face before a party.
6.On special occasions I usually wear a suit with a white shirt and a tie/ a suit with a blouse and a pair of elegant shoes.
7.Iím wearing a crew neck T-shirt with a three-colour patterned T-shirt over it.I'm wearing my hair in a pony/in plaits.
8. I usually wear my hair tied back (?)
9. I had my hair trimmed/cut/set/blowdried.
What do you ask for at the hairdresser's? I need to have my hair cut?
10) Can I have a look at the jumper in the shop window? What size is it?
11)I'm looking for a pair of trainers in (?) size ...
12) Do you have a bigger size (or them in a bigger/larger size)? These are too small.
13) This t-shirt is too tight. Do you have a bigger/or larger size?
- English - SraJMcGin, Sunday, May 30, 2010 at 10:03am
1. clothes like (better)
2. delete "got" and "turned-up"
4. I haven't got is correct but why not "I don't have..."
6. shirt for a male and blouse for a female
7. in a ponytail OR in plaits (braids)
At the hairdressers, you might ask for:
I'd like a haircut, a trim
I'd like bangs
I'd like a shampoo, set, comb out (after hair is dry)
I'd like my hair frosted, streaked
I'd like a permanent (wave)
I'd like a manicure, pedicure, with (nail) polish
Answer this Question
- English - Thank you for your last post. Here are some sentences on clothes I'm ...
- English - Can you check the adjectives in the following sentences, please? I ...
- English - I forgot to include the following sentences. Thank you very much. 1) ...
- English - Posted by rfvv on Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 8:06pm. 1. He spent a ...
- English - GuruBlue, thank you very much for telling me about popular clothes in ...
- English - Can you please check this sentence for me, please? Thank you for your...
- English - Can you please check these sentences? Thank you. 1)What factors can ...
- English - I still have a few doubts. Thank you very much. 1) When I go to a ...
- English (Proofreading) - Rewrite this paragraph adding or correcting the ...
- English - Yes, I did receive a response and I thank you a lot for helping me! ...