Posted by ashley on Friday, May 28, 2010 at 8:08pm.
could you help me please.
- algebra - bobpursley, Friday, May 28, 2010 at 9:32pm
If I only knew what the question was. Is there an equal sign on the first?
- algebra - Damon, Friday, May 28, 2010 at 9:56pm
That trinomial is not a perfect square.
- algebra - Damon, Friday, May 28, 2010 at 10:04pm
You can easily figure out if a trinomial is a perfect square.
x^2 + b x + c
if c = (b/2)^2
it factors to
(x + b/2 )^2
(x + 3)^2 = x^2 + 6 x + 9
9 = (6/2)^2
so if you were given
x^2 + 6 x + 9
you would do
(6/2)^2 which is 3^2 which is 9
so sure enought it is a perfect square
however if you are given
x^2 + 4 x - 8
(4/2)^2 = 2 ^2 = 4
which is NOT - 8 so it is not what you want
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Alegbra PLEASE HELP - 8. Which of the following expressions is equivalent to (-7...
- Alegbra - 8. Which of the following expressions is equivalent to (-7)^5 -7 * -7...
- alegbra - What is the product of 11/15 and 12/7? Show how this is done please.
- alegbra - x^+2x^-5x-6/x+3= x+x-6 is this right, please help with this question
- Alegbra - s+(s-$0.45)+(s-$0.45)=$9.65 Please show me how to do this problem.
- Alegbra - 3Z+6Z+7=29-4 Please shoe how to solve this Problem.
- Algebra - Please help me with these alegbra problem! Factoring by grouping by + ...
- Alegbra - I need help with this ASAP please Solve D=ABC for B B=?
- Alegbra - Help me solve this please ::::Divide: ã10a/16y
- alegbra - Graph he inequality on a plane 4y - 5x> 20 I am confused, can you ...