Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 7:25pm.
Starla is 5feet 9inches tall. To find the height of a tree,she measured her shadow and the tree's shadow. Her shadow was 8feet long when the trees shadow was 30 feet long. To the nearest foot,how tall is the tree?
Geometry - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 7:40pm
Let's set up a proportion and let x equal the height of the tree. Then cross multiply.
5.75/8 = x/30
8x = 172.5
x = 21.56 = 22 feet
Geometry - Anonymous, Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 7:44pm
where did you get 5.75
Geometry - Ms. Sue, Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 7:47pm
5 ft., 9 inches = 5 9/12 = 5.75 feet
Geometry - anonymous, Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 3:41pm
a lamppost cast a shadpw that is 24 feet ong. tad who is 6 feet tall is standing directly next to the lampost. his shadow is 15 feet long. about how tall is the lamppost?
Geometry - Anonymous, Tuesday, November 29, 2011 at 8:32pm
Geometry - quasiah, Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 9:31pm
a person is standing 30ft from a flag pole can see the top of the pole at a 35 degree angle of eleation diagram
Geometry - Anonymous, Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 6:46am
A Flagpole casts a shadow 160 feet long.at the same time a boy standing nearby who is 5 feet tall casts a shadow 200feet long. Find the number of feet in the height of the flagpole
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A tree casts a shadow that is 20 feet long. A 5-foot-tall boy stands in ...
- geometrY - to estimate the height of a tree, Dave stands in the shadow of the ...
- math - At a given time, the height of an object is directly proportional to the ...
- geometrY - See the last picture at the bottom of this web page (for a pic of ...
- Geometry - A student wants to determine the height of a tree. She knows that her...
- algebra 2 - An object's height varies directly with the length of its shadow. A ...
- Math Help - Mieko, who is 1.53 m tall, wishes to find the height of a tree. She...
- Geometry - isaac is landscaping a yard , to see how well a tree shades are area ...
- math - The shadow of a 5-foot tall post is 10 feet long. At the same time a tree...
- Trigonometry - A tree casts a shadow 38 m long. At the same time, the shadow ...