Posted by Amy~ on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 8:19pm.
Could someone tell me if these are the only things that I need to know for the Preterite?
- the time expressions
-the ar and er/ir endings
-the car,gar,zar endings for the yo form
- no written accents: ir,ser,ver,dar
are there any other irregular endings? I think what I wrote is all I need to know to use the Preterite...but idk.
- Spanish Preterite Check!!!! - SraJMcGin, Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 2:31am
The Preterit has more irregular verbs than any other tense!
Many verbs have an odd stem plus unstressed preterit endings, meaning no accent marks. One is andar
yo anduve, tu anduviste, Úl/ella/usted anduvo / nosotros/nosotras anduvimos, ellos/ellas/ustedes anduvimos.
Here are some others:
poder = pude, pudiste, pudo, pudimos, pudieron
poner = puse, pusiste, puso, pusimos, pusieron
decir = dije, dijiste, dijo, dijimos, dijeron (this one dropped the i)
saber = supe, etc.
tener = tuve, etc.
Answer this Question
- Spanish - for the verbs ending in car, gar, zar i thought you only change the "...
- Spanish - For the stem-changing verbs in the present tense I wouldn't have to ...
- SraJMcGin - SraJMcGin. I have a few questions; a few things that I don't really ...
- English - What is a preterite? I am very confused on this. Is a preterite ...
- Spanish - Preterite vs. Imperfect I'm just trying to clarify the differences. ...
- Spanish Homework - Hi! Can someone help check these for me? Thanks a bunch! :) ...
- Spanish - when would i need to use the preterite
- Spanish - If "te (verb)" is in the present tense how would I change this to the ...
- sra mcguin - Hi I am to write a postcard to someone in spanish - first I wrote ...
- Spanish - CHECK? ANswers on bottom: A. Choose the correct preterite tense ...