Posted by Sara! on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 7:19pm.
check if my sentences is correct
part.= participle phrase
ger.= gerund phrase
inf.= infinitive phrase
and the phrases are capitalized . are they correct
1. the news showed pictures of houses destroyed by the hurricane. NONE
2. would you ever want TO GO ON A 2-WEEK TRIP TO COLORADO? GER.
3. TAKING IT EASY is my sister's idea of a good vacation. GER.
4. TO EAT TOO MANY DESSERTS is not a very good idea. INF.
5. rod is PLAYING THE PIANO in the school jazz band. PART.
6. HEARING MY DAD'S VOICE ON THE PHONE, i answered quickly. PART.
7. she doesnt really enjoy working after school. NONE
8. nicole was WONDERING which class would be better for her major. PART.
9. in soccer, players use their feet TO DO ALMOST EVERYTHING. INF.
10. thomas prefers swimming in a pool rather than in ocean. NONE
11. FINISHING ALL MY HW BY 8 OCLOCK won't be easy. GER.
- LAL! check my work - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 7:25pm
The following are wrong:
1, 2, 5, 7, 10
Please study your text again and repost.
- LAL! check my work - Sara!, Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 7:28pm
1.isit participle because destroyed describes houses
7.participle and the phrase is WORKING AFTER SCHOOL
the phrase is swimming
- LAL! check my work - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 7:34pm
1 and 2 are now right.
5. The verb in this sentence: IS PLAYING. There is no participial, gerund or infinitive phrase in this sentence.
7. You've identified the phrase, but it's a gerund since it's the direct object of "enjoy."
20. It is a gerund -- but the whole phrase is SWIMMING IN A POOL RATHER THAN IN THE OCEAN.
- LAL! check my work - Sara!, Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 7:40pm
1. is SHOWED participle
2. gerund; TO GO
- LAL! check my work - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 7:44pm
1. No. SHOWED is the past tense of the verb in this sentence.
2. Huh? I already told you that you identified TO GO correctly as an infinitive.
- LAL! check my work - Sara!, Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 7:45pm
oh sorry i thoughT u said they r wrong super SORRY
- LAL! check my work - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 7:50pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English grammar. - Please check my answer! What is the capitalized phrase? TO ...
- english - Identify the capitalized word. Frederick Bartholdi, THE SCULPTOR, came...
- english - Identify the term that correctly identifies the capitalized word(s) in...
- Lang. Arts - Identify the term that correctly identifies the capitalized word(s...
- English - This is what I think they are 1."Leaving their native land to colonize...
- English - Select the letter of the choice that correctly identifies the ...
- English - "Studying about medicine" is important to a doctor. adverbial phrase ...
- English - 4. (Landing in New England) caused much disappointment among the ...
- College English 101 - On these we had to say if the sentence is Prepositional ...
- Language Arts help last questions please - Identify the italicized word(s) in ...