LAL! check my work
posted by Sara! on .
check if my sentences is correct
part.= participle phrase
ger.= gerund phrase
inf.= infinitive phrase
and the phrases are capitalized . are they correct
1. the news showed pictures of houses destroyed by the hurricane. NONE
2. would you ever want TO GO ON A 2-WEEK TRIP TO COLORADO? GER.
3. TAKING IT EASY is my sister's idea of a good vacation. GER.
4. TO EAT TOO MANY DESSERTS is not a very good idea. INF.
5. rod is PLAYING THE PIANO in the school jazz band. PART.
6. HEARING MY DAD'S VOICE ON THE PHONE, i answered quickly. PART.
7. she doesnt really enjoy working after school. NONE
8. nicole was WONDERING which class would be better for her major. PART.
9. in soccer, players use their feet TO DO ALMOST EVERYTHING. INF.
10. thomas prefers swimming in a pool rather than in ocean. NONE
11. FINISHING ALL MY HW BY 8 OCLOCK won't be easy. GER.
The following are wrong:
1, 2, 5, 7, 10
Please study your text again and repost.
1.isit participle because destroyed describes houses
7.participle and the phrase is WORKING AFTER SCHOOL
the phrase is swimming
1 and 2 are now right.
5. The verb in this sentence: IS PLAYING. There is no participial, gerund or infinitive phrase in this sentence.
7. You've identified the phrase, but it's a gerund since it's the direct object of "enjoy."
20. It is a gerund -- but the whole phrase is SWIMMING IN A POOL RATHER THAN IN THE OCEAN.
1. is SHOWED participle
2. gerund; TO GO
1. No. SHOWED is the past tense of the verb in this sentence.
2. Huh? I already told you that you identified TO GO correctly as an infinitive.
oh sorry i thoughT u said they r wrong super SORRY