Posted by Gregory on Monday, May 24, 2010 at 7:31pm.
check this please
- college algebra - Reiny, Monday, May 24, 2010 at 7:42pm
Please check your typing, and use brackets to avoid ambiguity.
- college algebra - Gregory, Monday, May 24, 2010 at 7:52pm
in the problem there are no brackets
x over x minus x/over x-4 equal -4 over x-4 solve each rational equation if it has no equation state so. simply with necessary
Please help me
- college algebra - Reiny, Monday, May 24, 2010 at 8:03pm
So it is
[x/(2-x)]/(x-4) = -4/(x-4) ?
Where does the third equality come from ?
Can you see why brackets are absolutely necessary here?
ok, first multiply both sides by x-4 to get
x/(2-x) = -4
now multiply both sides by 2-x
x = -4(2-x)
x = -8 + 4x
-3x = -8
x = 8/3
Lastly, what does "...if it has no equation state so. simply with necessary " mean ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college algebra - can someone check my answer for me please! 5x+6y=18 solve for ...
- College Algebra - Can someone check my answer please? Find the corresponding y ...
- statistics - At a small college it is known from previous years that 35% of all ...
- college algebra - 3/t-3=5/t+4 3(t+4)(t-3)(5) check this problem
- Math 116 algebra please check - Solve using the multiplication principle. 10x= -...
- Pre-Algebra(please check) - Please check these simplified expressions(my answer ...
- Algebra - Please check and see if my answer are correct 1). 24v^2w^5x^8-20v^7w^9...
- Math 116 algebra please check - Solve for the indicated letter. e=9f, for f The ...
- Math 116 algebra please check - Simplify 6[-73-(-19-83)]=174 Please check
- College Algebra - Can someone check my answer please! I'm not sure this is right...