Posted by amber on Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 8:59pm.
do the consequences of punishment provide any beifits for criminals and society
soc - bobpursley, Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 9:01pm
In a rare case, punishment will act as a determent for future crimes, but that is not usual. Punishment is not usually geared to change behavior, and it usually does not.
soc - Ms. Sue, Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 9:07pm
A good example of this was in 18th- century England when pickpockets were hung in public. During this gory spectacle, other pickpockets plied their trade and stole from the bystanders.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Early Childhood - What is the most important difference between consequences and...
- soc. - are born criminals still criminals as a child?
- SOC 120 - Research the affects of the four types of punishment—retribution, ...
- business law - What do you feel about community corrections? Do you feel a ...
- Soc 120 - I am supposed to write a paper about the effects of the four types of ...
- English composition - We do not allow capital punishment in this ideal land, ...
- soc - Which of the following is NOT a question that a social conflict theorist ...
- soc - does punishment deter crime and why
- soc - which type of punishment deter crime most effectively
- soc - what would be a intro that i could use about does punishment deter crime